Build Class this Wednesday, Nov 23

Started by Frank v B, November 20, 2016, 02:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

IT IS TIME TO BUILD.....Now that the white stuff has fallen and collected on the ground and we have officially handed the field over to Andy for the next 4 months.

The first build class is this Wednesday, November 23 at Colonel Mustards.  Dinner at 6 or whenever you get kicked out of the office, job site or the house.  The build class starts at 7:00 in the basement.
Subjects for presentation:
1) How to repair an Apprentice- repairing a fuselage that has snapped in half, broken motor mount, broken cowl.
2) How to cover a wing with iron-on covering.
3) How to build a model from a set of plans (scratch-build)
4) how to build from a kit.
5) the quad build with Stephan and Eric

Come to the meeting with your winter project and we will get you going and keep you going to the finish line by the time Andy has to hand the field back to us.

Frank

BTW- if you are thinking of building a plane but you don't have any plans, contact me with the kind of plane and size you wish.  I have collected about 150 full size plans over the years.   Also, Ken Ross has been kind enough to channel plans and magazines my way over the last 2 years.  Come to the meeting and ask me.
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to good eats, good times with friends, and talking RC!

Michael

I'll be bringing my Catalina, not to build, but to look for advice and encouragement (on a more difficult build than anticipated).
Michael

bweaver

Micheal,

You may wish to watch this documentary about the Catalina PBY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMkYzO0_By0

sihinch

Great fun last night! I didn't count how many were there, but it must have been close to 20! Wonderful fun.

Thanks to everyone for making it such fun.

battlestu

yes, a big thumbs up to all the instructors that took some time to help everyone out!
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Michael

It was great seeing everyone, and to see Ed too!

Ed told some of us about his new 5,800 watt glider.

Yes, 5800 watts. With a 17/23½" prop.

Climbs to desired height in 1½ seconds.
Michael

Frank v B

Great night.  Fun dinner, fun build tables.
Simon, I counted 15 people (2 hands' worth of fingers and one foot's worth of toes).
Great to see Piker building something that flies rather than something that contains flies! (his house) ;D
Good to see Ed is happy and employed and upgrading to greater than 500 watts per pound.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"