Oscar Multi-rotor

Started by Oscar, May 22, 2015, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

My Quad arrives this morning.  The Quad on the right is Zoltan's racing quad (250mm).  My quad (on the left) is little bit bigger.  (side note: Zoltan did a FPV presentation in our winter meeting last year)

The quad already comes with the fpv camera, vtx, controller board and led lights (all mounted).  I just need to supply 4S battery, r/x and vr/x.  I think you can use a Spektrum compatible R/X (like the Lemon R/X) but in my setup, I will be using the Taranis running FrSky V8R4-II r/x. 

Looking at the manual as well from the YouTube, this quad seems to be very simply to config.  Unlike other quad build, where it requires computer to fine tune the settings, everything are done thru on screen display.  It even comes with pre-load settings from Easy Flyer to Free Style.  It reminds me of Iron Man's computer assistant, J.A.R.V.I.S. 

I shall name my Quad - J.A.R.V.I.Q (Just Another Rather Very Intelligent Quad)  ;D

sihinch

Nice Oscar! Which quad is it?

Oscar

I was looking for 5 factors when choosing my first racing quad

Ease to config
Durable
Vendor support
Ease to control
Transportation

After consult with Zoltan, the ImmersionRC Vortex fits my request.  All parts are assemble and ready to fly.  I just need the battery, goggles (you can choose monitor) and the r/x.

For others who not familiar ImmersionRC, they are like Horizon Hobby/Parkzone/E-Flite/Hanger-9.  Anyone who begins with FPV, will come across FatShark  and ImmersionRC.  They are the same company (just like Horizon Hobby owns HobbyZone).