E F 1 Race at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, September 09, 2022, 10:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Just a reminder about the race on Sept.18, hope to see some Temac guys at it.
The Brantford crew is down at Hobart, In. racing this weekend, so get practicing for our race.
GO Fast-Turn Left
Ken Fluney

Frank v B

Ken,

I am scheduled to go.  Vadim has been flying his EF-1 regularly to learn how to control it at speed.
Here is hoping some other TEMAC members can make it.  Will beat the bushes....or the 7' tall corn stalks. ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Good stuff Frank.
See you at the race.

Ken

cpaine

Looking forward to it boys!!
I witnessed electric q500 (vtail) this past weekend. Same set up as ef1 running a 9x6 I think. They flew awesome.
Ken will have one to demonstrate. The planes are easier to fly then ef1 I believe. Take offs and landings are like butter!
maac #26951

cpaine

something seems to be wrong with Simons email?!
hope to see a good temac turnout!
maac #26951

Frank v B

Team TEMAC .  Time to turn left and go fast.  Please come and join us for the racing.  It is fast-paced, fun and full of compliments and friendly insults.

Anyone who can attend...racing or helping.

We will meet at Tim Horton, Schomberg for a top-up coffee.  I will buy a coffee and Donut/muffin for all attending.
Tim's is on Hiway 27, 1 km south of highway 9 (south end of Holland Landing, about 5 km's west of Hiway 400)

Off to the races.  We leave Tim's by 9 am.  In brackets are the cumulative distances from Tim's Schomberg (67 km's).

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 at Orangeville where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection (west side).
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's (47.5 km's) to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's (63.8 km's) until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's (65.2 km's) it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km (67.0 km's) mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the flying fools our competitors.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"