Mom I am on TV

Started by Oscar, September 21, 2020, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

CityTV came and did a live broadcast today @ 6pm news. They mention its on the weather section. 

Anyone watched it or happen recorded it?

Mike, Jeff, Ken, Carlos and I were there.  (Yep all 5 stations are occupied) 

Before they left, I ask the crew to send us an unedited video. 

Once I have it, I will post it in here.

Sidenote: When he tries to tell us what he wants us to do, I immediately think I wish @Andy Hoffer is here.

Andy Hoffer

Way to go guys!  Great profile for us.  And perfect light!!

Andy

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Oscar

Here are the two video footages

I uploaded to YouTube channel.

Carlos
https://youtu.be/h3683uuhdzQ

Ken the Phantom F4 plus the rest of us - All 5 stations fully occupied.
https://youtu.be/Y5bPVv6CH8k

Oscar

Some interesting conversation between the cameraman and me.

Before we go live, he did some pre-flight clips. 
When he tried to film Jeff's HK Vampire - 'Its too fast.  I can't even follow it'.  I told him Jeff's Vampire has the Canadian decal on.  It will be a good candidate.  Plus he is the best pilots out of 5 of us.  I told Jeff whether he can fly again in much slower speed.  On the second take, he is still too fast to film.  So at the end, he picked Ken's jet
Then our friend Carlos flew his wing - 'Its a strange plane.  A bit noisy'.  I guess he picked Carlos for the news clip.
Later - he was asking us to do a scale take off as well do some scale turn and land from the North. At that moment, I was thinking - I wish @Andy Hoffer is here.

While waiting to go LIVE, the cameraman asked me 'Is the runway always in that bad shape?'  I replied 'We have over 100 members.  It's wear and tear.  We are suppose to replace this year but due to Covid-19, it's on hold.  We need to maintain social distance.  As you can see we even tie down the chairs and tables to avoid any possible spread.  We will have a brand new runway once the pandemic is over.  Do come back and visit us.  It will be a lot better'

I hope I answer it correctly.  :P

GuyOReilly

Had I known previously, I would have showed up with my Buzzard Bombshell... that thing is SLOOOOOW  ;D