Tavares Pond Float Fly- Saturday, June 14th at 3:00!

Started by piker, June 10, 2014, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

O.K., It's official!

This Saturday, June 14th from 3:00 until dark.

We're on for a float fly at the private pond we enjoyed so much last year.  David Tavares has invited us back for more float flying awesomeness!  I hope everyone can make it.

Bring your planes and anything else you'll need for an afternoon and evening of flying. 

The weather forecast is looking very promising so far.  Let's hope for the best and make the most of this opportunity.

When you arrive, since we are driving and parking on David's lawn, please keep to the right as you approach the pond and park close to the pond, on the south/west side (same as last year).

Let me know if you have any questions!

Here's a link to the site. 

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8650066,-79.5530309/43.8557564,-79.5990177/@43.8551975,-79.5813551,5189m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

frajolex

Hi Piker, this seems to be an excellent event for C-FDTZ!

Are we (TEMAC) the only ones flying this Saturday on Tavares Pond?

Is there any kind of gate / person when we arrive there? or just drive in and look for you?

I'm assuming you will have your "rescue canopy" for emergencies correct? ;D

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

piker

This is a similar scenario to the Frenchman's Bay float fly's.  Mostly TEMAC people but not an official TEMAC event as it's not sanctioned with MAAC. Everyone is welcome to come out and have fun, but we don't promote it outside of TEMAC.

The laneway is gated, but will be open for us.  I will be there by 3:00 and will have my trailer and lid/boat.  Park near my truck when you arrive.  If you get there before me, park near the pond on the west side, near the bottom.  Don't park along the south shore as that will likely be used for approaches or take-offs.

Please don't arrive before 3:00pm.  It's private property and David has invited us to his home.  We want to continue to make a good impression.

Also please check over your planes to ensure they're in good working order.  We want to avoid, as much as possible, the risk of a fly away that may damage property or hurt anyone.

But, we are there to enjoy a great day of float flying.  Come on out and have a good time!

Also, if anyone is unsure of their flying abilities in an unfamiliar location, or while flying from water for the first time, please feel free to ask me, or any other experienced pilot, to offer a hand or to give your model a look over.

Crash

Are non-flying guests allowed? What about washroom facility?

piker

Of course non flying members are welcome... as long as we're not talking about bus loads :-)

But I hope you're planning on flying, Mike.

Washroom?  I didn't use one last time, but I recall some people did.  Was there one in the shed/pool house?  Anyone?

piker

piker

Don't forget about the Tavares Float Fly tomorrow!  I hope everyone can make it.

Plan to stay into the evening as that is when we get the best float flying conditions.

sihinch

Skyking

Actually, I can.

gmcnic

Skyking

Hi ,

It seems pretty windy.
Are you still going ahead with it?

Ken
Actually, I can.

frajolex

I have the same impression...  Pretty windy...  @piker, what's the verdict?
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

Michael

Michael

sihinch

Crash