Ryerson- this weekend Feb 20-21

Started by Frank v B, February 17, 2016, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Let's try again this weekend.  How about 12:30 at the field on Saturday.  It is supposed to be plus 8 on Saturday and plus 5 on Sunday.  I will be there on Saturday from 12:30- 3 pm, again, regardless of the weather.  I have a 9 am appointment close to the field (Woodbine and 16th) so you can call me at 9 or 10 am to get a final go/no go.  (416-605-0707)

Ryerson students: don't forget to cobble together some skis if you can.

Andy and I can be there Sunday from 12-3 but we will decide that on Saturday.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I'll try to make it out Frank. It will be great to re-live my student life again!

thehaze

Saturday is a no go for me this week. But Sunday will work if it gets pushed.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

so far it looks like i can come and help out :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on February 17, 2016, 08:08:42 PM
Let's try again this weekend.  How about 12:30 at the field on Saturday. It is supposed to be plus 8 on Saturday and plus 5 on Sunday.  I will be there on Saturday from 12:30- 3 pm, again, regardless of the weather.  I have a 9 am appointment close to the field (Woodbine and 16th) so you can call me at 9 or 10 am to get a final go/no go.  (416-605-0707)

Ryerson students: don't forget to cobble together some skis if you can.

Andy and I can be there Sunday from 12-3 but we will decide that on Saturday.

Frank

This is really all about Frank's craving to wear his New Year's Day bathing suit again! 8)

Snoballs

sihinch

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on February 18, 2016, 07:50:21 AM
This is really all about Frank's craving to wear his New Year's Day bathing suit again! 8)

Snoballs

Wait until you see mine!

Frank v B

"Wait until you see mine!"

There goes our carefully crafted professional club identity.  8) What are those students supposed to think?? ;D

I notice Graham "The Snow Clearer" has been talking to the sun and temperature gods again so the runway can be clear for Saturday.

Mike, it is my intent to get there both Saturday and Sunday but we will decide on Saturday afternoon.

Frank

Frank v B

I will be at the field this Saturday at noon... with an airplane,  regardless of the weather. 

Anyone who wants to insult me (please line up) can deliver the insults in person. 
Now serving number 1 (Andy) ;D

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on February 19, 2016, 06:07:24 PM
I will be at the field this Saturday at noon... with an airplane,  regardless of the weather. 

Anyone who wants to insult me (please line up) can deliver the insults in person. 

Frank

Should be fun watching Frank dance in the rain in his bathing suit.   8)

Frank v B

Andy, you forgot I am originally from Holland.  A rainy day is looked at as a nice summer day.  More than a week of rain is a giant swimming pool.*

Frank

* two facts about Holland  1) 40% of the country is below sea level and 2) the total land area of Holland is the same as the surface area of Lake Ontario.  If you look at Lake Ontario, that is Holland after 40 days and 40 nights. :D  Holland will launch an Ark before any other country. :D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on February 19, 2016, 06:36:37 PM
Quote from: Frank v B on February 19, 2016, 06:07:24 PM
I will be at the field this Saturday at noon... with an airplane,  regardless of the weather

Frank

Should be fun watching Frank dance in the rain in his bathing suit.   8)

Frank should look quite resplendent in the garter straps he will need today to keep his bathing suit from blowing up around his ears!  ;D

TAF CYKZ 201141Z 2012/2024 25015G25KT P6SM BKN020
BECMG 2012/2014 FEW020
FM201600 24015G30KT (a.k.a. WSW at 27 gusting 54 kmh !!)  P6SM -SHRA BKN050
FM202000 28012KT P6SM BKN020
RMK NXT FCST BY 201800Z=

Coming from the land of windmolens I know he will feel right at home!! (All Ryerson students are encouraged to submit photos of Frank!) 8)

Andy

Wingnutz

Seems there's a new Saturday morning cartoon show available right here on the TEMAC forum..."The Frank and Andy Show!".
Sorry guys...listening to the wind gusts try to rip the trees out of the ground, I'm going to pass on today's "whitecaps in coffee cups" episode at the field.
Still, my hat's off to you (actually, it blew away...) have fun!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Oscar

It will be quite windy today. (Maybe not as bad as this video from Scotland 2014)

https://youtu.be/dI-ES9SUewc

Andy Hoffer

Hmmm!  I'll bet Frank could do a great short-field take-off in the Loo today!!  ;D

Andy

sihinch

Conditions were perfect! We had a great time. Photos to follow.

I maidened my C-Ray which was fun. And crashed my new F-16 whilst taxiing!