Wed. Dec 16 build class

Started by Frank v B, December 12, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

There will be a build class this Wednesday at Col. Mustard's.  Dinner in the pub until 7 pm, then we go downstairs for all the hard work.
On the schedule:
- Piker will continue to build his Amptique in front of the crowd
- I will bring a repaired wing for my Aeronca Champ which did a wingtip clap earlier this summer.  Will also bring the Rearwin Speedster wing which I re-inforced immediately since it was built by the same builder as the Champ.
- will bring the repaired EF-1 wing that I worked on in earlier sessions.

Bring your projects, whether repair or build and we will answer your questions, assign a coach.  We just want to get you closer to the finish line...... once you tell us which race you are running in.

At the last build class we had 18 people.  Let's break the record.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I'll be there. And like Frank, I want to work on some wings.

Hot wings!!!

Wingnutz

Will do my best to make it but will probably be late...I'm joining the wings crowd but still planning...not ready to build or eat yet ;D
BTW, anybody have a spare HK G46 that I could borrow for planning purposes? I am planning the nacelle(s) for a kit built twin I'm hoping to work on over the winter and need a motor to complete the test fitting.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Sorry, Bill.  I don't have that motor.

I'll be joining the wing building group tonight too.  Might as well start on the Amptique wings!

Frank v B

The build class tonight was fun and informative.  Ten people participated which is a good number considering the holiday season is so close.  Malcolm, Ash and Rob D. had their own instructors working their way through the next steps on their projects.  Michael brought his SuperCub repair project (almost ready for covering), Glenn dropped by with his Lysander repair project, also almost ready for covering.

Piker started building his Amptique wings under the critical eyes of BJ.  Just to make sure Robert was doing a good job.

Always fun, always informative.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"