Tony Nijhuis 28” Jet Provost EDF

Started by sihinch, January 01, 2021, 02:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Hi @sihinch

It is SO nice to see some detritus on your work surface.  That clean space after your reno was very disconcerting!   ;D

Andy

sihinch

Lots of progress this week.....

Tail attached, servo mounted, top and bottom sheeting done, nose built, shaping mostly done. Just needs the last little nose cone carving to finish the fuselage.

sihinch

I'm pleased with the results of this weeks "sticking and glueing" on the little Jet Provost.

I realized this week that the 2 builds Frank's has done (B-25 & DC-3) are probably bigger than this little jet but probably weigh at least 1/2 as much!

Nose carved, wing mounted, fin attached, battery tray and hatch added, aileron servo mounts done and cheater hole added (this is a must apparently!)

Andy Hoffer

Great carving @sihinch !  I love your wood chips pile.  The beavers at Sir Samuel Smith Park (Lakeshore & Kipling) would be very envious!!  8)

Great build.

Andy

davidk

It's beautiful, Simon.  Sometimes I think it's a pity to cover something that looks this nice.

sihinch

I agree David.  There's something very sexy about smooth, curved balsa that forms a functioning aeroplane.  I love looking at the shape from the different angles and appreciating the curves.

But.....I have started covering.  Not very quickly, but I'm quite happy with it.  Maybe I will finish the covering this weekend and then can do the control surface set-up.

I also just sent a request for Callie Graphics.  I was going to do my own waterslide decals, but it's the best covering job I've ever done (so far) so decided to treat myself to the "good stuff."

Andy Hoffer

Really looking fine @sihinch !  Had you thought of upping your game and using OREO's for the roundels?

You might even be able to get the company to sponsor your EDF, RX, ESC and servos.  After all, it is advertising to a very receptive audience!   ;D

Andy

sihinch

sihinch

Polecat

Nice work Simon, looks great. Practicing for your next build.

sihinch

I've got as far as I can with this build, so I'm putting it to one side (to start my next exciting project.)

I've just got the canopy and air intakes to spray paint, which needs nicer weather (cos I'm not allowed to spray in the house!  ???) and the decals to come from Calliegraphics.

I actually burnt through the black covering on the nose, but the line was so good between the red and the white I decided to just patch it.  This is where Frank's 50:50 rule comes in!  ;D

GuyOReilly

Looks FANTASTIC!
Hoping for warm weather soon to see it flying.
What is your next project from Orangeville?

davidk

I'm not allowed to spray in the house, in the garage, or on the driveway.  Thank goodness we have some grass... and that it grows... and that I cut it... or I'd be flying very boring looking planes!

sihinch

With the warmer weather today I did my spraying outside (and made some of the grass red!!!)  ;D

Polecat

Could be some yellow grass in Orangeville this weekend, but I put a plastic sheet down, we could have yellow grass all summer.