New Spektrum 6-channel receiver with AS3X

Started by Michael, January 17, 2013, 03:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Michael

piker

Ugh!   Autotune for RC.  Yuck!

Although, it would be good for aerial video.

I assume this technology is banned at pattern competitions.  What about scale competitions where flying scores are awarded?  What about pylon racing?   ;D

On the other hand, I now have an awesome new excuse for my sloppy flying... no AS3X!

Frank v B

I love the way the footnote states "not to be used with nitro, gas or turbine powered airplanes".  Proof electrics are now superior and in a league of their own. 
Piker can now legitimately reminisce about the Cobalt.05 using 7 1200 cells for a wonderful 2 minute flight when people referred to them as sucky electrics.  They've come such a long way in the last 10 years that Nitro is now a second class citizen in the model fraternity.  Objective achieved Rob.... in spades. ;D

Frank van Beurden
"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

They should get lance Armstrong to be the spokesman for it...

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Quote from: thehaze on January 18, 2013, 04:43:56 PM
They should get lance Armstrong to be the spokesman for it...

Well done lol well done
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sts41

piker

Quote from: Frank v B on January 17, 2013, 08:28:02 PM
Piker can now legitimately reminisce about the Cobalt.05 using 7 1200 cells for a wonderful 2 minute flight when people referred to them as sucky electrics.  They've come such a long way in the last 10 years that Nitro is now a second class citizen in the model fraternity.  Objective achieved Rob.... in spades. ;D

Frank van Beurden

Well, since you're picking on me because I'm old, I'll correct you :-)  I will be the first to admit that electrics have come a long way.  You young whipper-snappers don't know how good you've got it, but Keith Shaw was putting on an impressive aerobatic display for a good 5 minutes with his electric Spitfire, with retracts, in 1982!  Electric planes from tiny to quarter scale were being flown, some for well over 10 minutes, in the 90's (you should have seen some of the stuff at KRC in '95 and '97 when I was there), and I witnessed F5B planes performing exactly like they do today in 1995.  High performance plane are not new.  They've just gotten easier (no building required) and cheaper.  It's the cheap foamy's (outdoor and in) that have made the gassers finally notice.  But if you talk to most of the glow guys, they still think electric planes are those cheap foamy toys that are fun to toss around between flights with their "real" RC planes.