New Product - Parkzone Mosquito 49"

Started by sihinch, October 17, 2013, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Michael

In the air, they all look the same to me.

Now if you can land the model (with those big wheels) without nosing-over, I'll be impressed !!!  ;D
Michael

sihinch

dangaras

Michael

Quote from: dangaras on October 19, 2013, 12:12:49 PM
So fly the beer cooler and be happy!

Actually, all of our foam models are "beer coolers" to some degree.  ;D

Have you ever built a scale model from balsa? Kit or scratch-built?

I would love to see more balsa models at the field, actually built by our members. Some of the detail on these home-built works of art are really impressive!

Michael

dangaras

To be inclusive, why yes I have. Also stick and tissue, fiberglass and cloth covered scratch models.
What about you? I have seen the nice models some of us fly. How many are scratch built by the owner?

To be even more  specific I have built   balsa-foam-fiberglass-CF models with secondary droppable flying models where I worked with a second pilot who would fly the dropped model.

Michael

Great!

Since you ask, yes, I enjoy everything from "out of the box - ready to fly", right up to unique, scratch-built models.

While I love flying my latest 'Bind-N-Fly' micro Habu, I also enjoyed flying this season my electric-conversion kit-built Top-Flight Elder, and my micro scratch-built Macchi float plane racer, both of which won coveted awards at the 2013 Kingston funfly.

In fact, you'll find that TEMAC has several accomplished builders and award-winning flyers, but when we're at the field, humbleness is the norm, as we're all impressed when anyone does a nice and smooth landing, with any model airplane, even a "beer-cooler".

BTW, TEMAC is offering balsa-kit building courses to encourage more.

Also, TEMAC has included in its membership MAAC hall-of-famers, members who have had their models on the front covers of MAAC magazine, who have had their models in US model magazines, and who have competed in international competition, yet is is often the new members who are the most enthusiastic and inspiring at the field; the smile on the faces of these new members, and their sense of pride and satisfaction after successfully flying their "beer coolers", are what TEMAC is all about.

Michael

dangaras

That brings to mind an idea, how about a scratch build beer cooler fly-in? With an endurance component, fixed weight, cooler size, max battery, wing area & motor power size. The cooler must be used for the model construction, cutting only no sanding with all of the cooler attached no matter how many pieces left over, foam glue and nothing else. Maybe 1 piece of Velcro to hold a 3 cell, 2200, 25C pack, ailerons, rudder & elevators.

Ededge2002

I've never built anything complicated so I don't know how I would do.  Besides without the cooler I would have warm beer!

To any that took insult to my referring to foam planes as beer coolers please accept my apologies it was all in fun and I have several myself.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

Quote from: dangaras on October 19, 2013, 06:15:54 PM
That brings to mind an idea, how about a scratch build beer cooler fly-in? With an endurance component, fixed weight, cooler size, max battery, wing area & motor power size. The cooler must be used for the model construction, cutting only no sanding with all of the cooler attached no matter how many pieces left over, foam glue and nothing else. Maybe 1 piece of Velcro to hold a 3 cell, 2200, 25C pack, ailerons, rudder & elevators.

i would love to see some beer cooler flyers at the field this spring :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Papa

Some times speaking in good humour gets lost in how we say things.
I hope all the comments above are made with friendly good humour in mind.
If not I will be personally very disappointed as this forum was always intended
to be used to help our fellow members not to cause dissension or criticism.

For you younger members you have lots of time to enjoy this hobby, for me not so much.
I don't want to see rancour here again so make up and act like the gentlemen you are.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

dangaras

Quote from: piker on October 19, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
Quote from: Papa on October 19, 2013, 07:29:56 PM
"rancour"

Jack.

Dang!  I had to look THAT one up!
What type of model is that? Did it serve in a world war? Does anyone know where we can get plans to build one? Maybe we should call the beer colder model that? Funny how a model can be coincidentally named..

Michael

Actually, it's ironic that you guys bring this up.

The little-known DeHavilland Rancour was actually a prototype for the Mosquito, with special armament and really big wheels.

Michael

sihinch

Now I need a foam Rancour! I do hope PZ will come out with one!