2015-59 TEMAC Tickler, Skills challenge report

Started by sihinch, October 18, 2015, 09:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Great turn out today for the Skills Challenge. Yes, we had snow, but hey, we had pizza too!

The day kicked off with the final Piker class race of 2015.  The competitors agreed to make things interesting by doing a "best of 3" race final.  It was very, very close, with the lead changing at least 3 times in the penultimate race.

As usual, the skills challenges resulted in some awesome displays of flying skills, some demonstrations of luck, and some winter repair projects - just in time for the 1st build class of 2015, which will cover repair techniques for both balsa and foam models!  Wednesday 21st October - dinner from 5pm in the bar and then build class around 7pm in the basement room of Colonel Mustards Pub on Hwy 7.

Please try to come and help our field winter maintenance event, next Saturday morning, 24th October at 10am.  The better we prepare for winter, the more likely the field will be in good condition for the 2016 flying season.  Please bring rakes, hoes and seed spreaders.

Andy Hoffer

Fabulous Tickler Simon!

Thanks so much to everyone, including Environment Canada, for making it a great day of winter flying!!  ;D

"Snowballs" Hoffer

thehaze

Looks like it was a good time. Sad I missed it. It's good to see Andy managed to take some photos even without me there to eat stuff for him.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ashman001

My first skills challenge, great fun.  Thanks Andy for getting the pizza!

Already looking forward to next years challenge and participating in flour bombing.    ;D

Ashman

vicwhit

I always enjoy the Skills challenge. It's great fun and something for everyone. I envy those that perform with great skill and strive to improve myself. Now I just have to buy something better than the Nooner (Mooner?) to have a chance at the champion Simon in the 10 second challenge.
I still think it would be cool to knife edge through the ribbons...maybe next year...but not October!
Do it while you can.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: thehaze on October 19, 2015, 09:39:03 AM
Looks like it was a good time. Sad I missed it. It's good to see Andy managed to take some photos even without me there to eat stuff for him.

Well funny you should mention that!!! 

This year we added a new event at the Skills Challenge:   Precision Pizza Strafing  ;D

Andy Hoffer