5-2013 TEMAC Racing News, Team Selection News.

Started by Papa, April 01, 2013, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

What will this patch be made out of and how will it attach to the models?  With the variety of colours that the models are coming out in I keep wondering if the patches will be visible.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

I think it would be great if all the "hotshots" were on the same team.   Then they couldn't have the fun of competing for the real prize, i.e.  second place, or the 24-hour LeMans endurance prize (last place)!  :)

piker

Hey Jack!  Are the patches just to identify the teams?  If so, why do they have to be issued and applied for each race?  Why not for the season so they can be applied nicely, and even incorporated into the planes colour scheme (for those of us who were not in such a hurry to start practicing  ;D )

Unless there's a plan for player trades.

Robert

sihinch

Quote from: piker on April 02, 2013, 09:38:41 AM
Why not for the season so they can be applied nicely, and even incorporated into the planes colour scheme.

Too late for some!  :'(

Unless I can have white?  ;)

Will the models not be different enough anyway?

Papa

Robert you can't issue them per team as more than one member of the same team could end up racing each other and it would be confusing. The patches are put on for each heat or race.

Ed they are peel off pressure sensitive about 4" x 3 1/5" in bright fluorescent colours.

This is the universal system used by pylon racers everywhere. Suggest a better way of identifying a 36" span racer passing at 100mph and I'd be happy to use it.

Here's a typical picture of one.

Jack.

A motto to live by:

piker

Ededge2002

Agreed. If they are peel and stick sounds fine. I just didn't want the model all marked up when its hanging in the TEMAC hall of fame!

Polecat

Quote from: Papa on April 02, 2013, 05:37:48 PM
Robert you can't issue them per team as more than one member of the same team could end up racing each other and it would be confusing. The patches are put on for each heat or race.

Ed they are peel off pressure sensitive about 4" x 3 1/5" in bright fluorescent colours.

This is the universal system used by pylon racers everywhere. Suggest a better way of identifying a 36" span racer passing at 100mph and I'd be happy to use it.

Here's a typical picture of one.
Jack are purchasing the labels or getting some from Randy Smith?
Ken
Jack.

wollins

Quote from: Papa on April 01, 2013, 09:04:15 PM
#5-2013

Does this mean if I can't make that meeting I won't be selected? (Don't worry I'm not a hotshot! lol!)

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

You need to read the fine print... request that someone represents you at the meeting.

Oh, and good one, Ed.   ;D

And I guess I had better get my sh... I mean my Nooner together for this April 17th meeting...

piker

Hey Jack!  Any plans for when the racing will start (first race date)?  When's my deadline to get my Nooner ready?

Robert

sihinch

April 6th! Anyone not ready loses 1,000 points!

Papa

A motto to live by:

Ededge2002