2013-61 TEMAC Tickler, First Pilot's Meeting of 2013.

Started by Papa, October 04, 2013, 10:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Just wanna say how excited I am about the pilots meeting tomorrow.

Feels weird that the weather is so good at the moment and we are starting our winter events schedule. There were times this year when the wind and the rain made me feel that we weren't going to get any weekend flying in!!!

But we had a great summer and I'm starting to get itchy to build.  I love the pilots meetings because they allow me to get advice and ideas from more experienced members, and inspiration to repair or build exciting models.

Hope to see lots of you there.....,

imran13

Unfortunately I won't be there :( I have volunteer hours to get done. Hopefully the next one ;D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

battlestu

hee hee ... all high school students have to get volunteer hours in to graduate these days
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

It's easy.  Just form a band and play community events.  My son got all his hours by doing what he wanted to do anyway.  He would get 8 hours for a 1/2 hour set ('cause a lot of effort goes into practicing, set-up, etc...)   ;D

Robert

battlestu

my daughter will get hers by taking glider lessons with the air cadets :)... she has her first lesson this Saturday!
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Now that's cool Greg!  I'm jealous.  When I was in the Air Cadets in the UK, I did 1 glider flight. It lasted 4 minutes, but was one of the greatest experiences of my life.  The noise (or lack of it) was simply wonderful.

I've had an idea - can't Imran2 get their volunteer hours by tidying our field and doing some maintenance?!  ;D

piker

That IS cool, Greg.  Man, I don't know why I didn't join Air Cadets as a kid.  What was I thinking?  I didn't even play hockey!  What a looser!

sihinch

imran1042

Quote from: sihinch on October 09, 2013, 11:24:34 AM
Now that's cool Greg!  I'm jealous.  When I was in the Air Cadets in the UK, I did 1 glider flight. It lasted 4 minutes, but was one of the greatest experiences of my life.  The noise (or lack of it) was simply wonderful.

I've had an idea - can't Imran2 get their volunteer hours by tidying our field and doing some maintenance?!  ;D

I was actually hoping there was something we could do involving the feild\temac to get hours :) can we do anything?
Any day at the field is a good day :)

piker

Quote from: sihinch on October 09, 2013, 11:38:10 AM
Were you too busy chasing girls, Robert?  ;)

Chasing... not catching.

Plus I was too busy playing with toy RC planes.  Have you guys heard that RC planes are a real chick magnet?

Skyking

Hey Robert!
Don't call my friend a loser! :)

I wasn't in cadets or hockey or anything either. I did model planes and read books.
Started flying real planes when I was 16 though. Wish I coulda kept it up.

Ken
Actually, I can.

imran13

I'm in cadets too :D. I volunteer helping younger kids learn to play hockey and develop their skills.

My first gliding with cadets is on the 20th of Oct. maybe if I'm lucky I'll get some nice shots of Rogo
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.