Air to Air video from today!

Started by Ededge2002, December 01, 2013, 05:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Despite a cloudy and very slight rainy day today I ran into Philip and he allowed me to try and shoot some air to air video of him flying his Formosa!  Its tough to see at points but I think im going to work on it and see if we can have a real cool little video platform.

http://youtu.be/Ot21YVKv5N4

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Very cool. And great picture given the contrast challenge of snow on a grey day.

Will be fun to experiment with next year, in the sunshine!  :)

bfeist

What are you shooting with? Do you have a quad?

Ededge2002

This was shot from the Parrot 2.0 quad that you can fly from your phone.  It shoots 720HD video recorded directly to your phone.  Can even "see" FPV style on the phone screen.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Neat stuff.  A white foamy on a snowy background.  Canadian camouflage!

Ed,

Mike Krupka and Keith Barrow shot air to air videos a few years ago and put together a 7 minute video.  Google "why I fly rc video" and it comes up.  A copy of the link is Why I Fly RC  (if I did it right).

It is a large Sukhoi electric.  Mike replaced the canopy with a camera pointed forward, port side and backward.  The air to air stuff shows up at 1:40 and 4:50.  It was taken from an electric helicopter with a separate radio for the swivel camera mounted underneath operated by a 3rd person.  Some of the air to air stuff is spectacular.

They then edited it from all the cameras (including ground).

Frank

ps: Mike is an Air Canada pilot.  I told him that if I had to fly an airliner straight and level all day I would yank and bank a model as well.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Bobmic

Hi Ed,

Nice video - I was surprised on how stable it is.

Frank - I've seen this video a while ago and it's clear the guys spent quite a bit of effort and time to create it as it's really amazing.

Bobby