2014-39 TEMAC Tickler, Match Maker Contest

Started by Papa, July 13, 2014, 09:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Now THAT is elegant. Even our CFI couldn't do that!!

Very nicely done. Do you use similar techniques when doing endurance testing on CPU chips at work?!!  ;D

Andy

(P.S.  That ESC looks worthy of another Frankie award creation!)

battlestu

only part of the GPU division at work and if one of our chips did blow like that then about 5 or 6 fail safes didn't work. Then a few engineers would have some explaining to do ;)

btw sorry for totally de-railing your topic Jack
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Frank v B

I get really concerned when Mr. Hoffer, part-time flyer, part-time photographer now tries to teach us anatomy.  Andy, the first clue is the head goes on top, the feet go on the bottom and the torso is missing.  You need to spend a day or two with Doctor John ( Coroner) of the morning crew for remedial anatomy classes.  ;D

Frank  (Who else!!!)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

Quote from: battlestu on July 14, 2014, 06:35:55 PM
well it takes some skill and a bit of luck.

I tie wrapped the motor wires to the threaded standoff posts. It looks like the vibration of motor/spinner/prop caused the insulation to rub off therefore shorting two of the three phases out and blowing the ESC.

Yep that aught to do it!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on July 15, 2014, 09:06:38 PM
I get really concerned when Mr. Hoffer, part-time flyer, part-time photographer now tries to teach us anatomy.  Andy, the first clue is the head goes on top, the feet go on the bottom and the torso is missing.  You need to spend a day or two with Doctor John ( Coroner) of the morning crew for remedial anatomy classes.  ;D

Frank  (Who else!!!)

Frank worries too much.  All you have to know is that if your nose runs and your feet smell, you're built upside down!!!  ;D

Andy