Top Flite DC3 82.5" wingspan

Started by Michael, October 26, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmackenzie

If you put the batteries in the fuse, then you might also want to put the ESCs there as well to avoid long battery leads.

Following this thread makes me want to pull out the Gold edition P47 I started several years ago but never finished.
Tail feathers are done, Fuse done to the point of sheeting the top half and wing framed up but no sheeting.
(Got stuck on doing a scale retracting tail wheel and more realistic main wheel wells and doors, then sort of never got back at it  :-[)

At the rate you are going you will have caught up to me and pass me by in a couple of weeks  :)

Pat MacKenzie

Michael

More fuselage and tail work. Elevator and rudder linkages will be fully inside the fuselage.

Stabilizer and fin glued onto the fuselage. Top sheeting is next.

Michael

piker

The P-47 sounds close, Pat.  Will you finish it for next summer?  You should!

Yes, I saw Michael's DC3 today.  It looks very nice.  Well done!

Robert

Michael

Yeah, Pat, finish it!  ;D

Top stringers done. That's it for tonight.

Michael

Michael

One more step; one more photo.
Michael

Ededge2002

Michael.
Please stop making so much progress on your "winter" project.
I have yet to even hold a knife this season and your kicking my butt with your progress.

Thanks.   The remaining members of temac.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Papa

He's stoked on hot chocolate.
Ed get your dopamine levels up and you too can make progress.

jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

I'm with Ed.  Stop making us look bad.  I've only laid my plans out so far.

Michael

A couple more hours work. That's about it for the next 10 days or so, due to my working schedule.

Michael

Michael

Ok, back to building.

Lower fuselage construction underway, and internal rudder and elevator linkages being set up.

Michael

piker

That's coming along really nicely, Michael.  Nice structure and linkages!

Michael

Laminated stringers. More work, but easier and more fun.
Michael

Michael

One more image before the fuselage is closed up; I'm working on the fuselage sheeting. Eventually, the seams will be filled and then rough sanded. Later on in the construction, a finer sanding will be done.

I have made my first modification on the model. I moved the rudder and elevator servos one bay back, in case I decide to place the flight batteries in the fuselage.

Michael

Michael

Main fuselage sheeting complete. That was a weekend's worth of work. Most seams have been filled light filler, and I'll sand it this week. There is still a lot of work on the fuselage to be done.
Michael

Ededge2002

How are you going to do the scale large puddles of oil under the motors each time you park it? 

It looks great Michael nice progress.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?