Alien Aircraft Funmaster to a Twinmaster

Started by Michael, December 17, 2021, 12:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Nacelles mostly done.

I basically made these up as I went along: think, measure think, cut, think, glue, think, sand, etc., etc.

They differ to compensate for the dihedral; one for the left wing, one for the right.

Michael

octagon

Good Work Michael. Going to be a great plane.
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

Another modification: all servos to be mounted with functioning parts externally, for easy installation and adjustments.

Michael

Michael

Servos installed in wings for flaps and ailerons.

Michael

Michael

Motors changed to E-Flite 15 brushless, and nacelles redesigned to suit.

Michael

octagon

Very good craftsmenship Michael. Good tight joints.
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

I think I'll have to open up the firewall, to make a larger battery compartment, so I can move the batteries forward, so the plane will balance better without additional weight.

Michael

Michael

Landing gear fairings modified to be behind the wire landing gear, instead of on top. The fairings are mounted so they will flex if necessary. Protruding screws will be cut and filed flush after painting or covering.

Fuselage modified with a much bigger battery compartment and a larger hatch.

Michael

Michael

Basic construction and all wiring (except electronic stabilizer) finished. Now to dismantle everything, sand a bit where necessary, and start covering.

Michael

Michael

Dismantled and ready to cover.

Michael

Michael

Covering started. This will take several days.

Michael

Michael

Covering done; took about 20 hours.

Michael

sihinch

Michael

Assembled, electronic stabilizer installed, deflection adjustments made, props turn in the proper direction (counter rotating), and balanced (it took 11 ounces in the nose to balance!).

Not too cold today, and very low winds. Time for a maiden flight.

If it goes well, more decorations will be applied.

Michael

Michael

Maidened today! 3 flights!

Despite some concerns, there was more than ample power, and it flew great! The model needed not a single click of trim anywhere!

Now, I will continue decorating the model, and perhaps remodeling the nose to a more pleasant shape.

Michael