A 10 Bronco

Started by Michael, December 30, 2012, 09:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Shiny pilots repainted will dull/flat paint.

All done; waiting for spring weather.

That's it for ARF's.

Soon, some scratch-building.  ;D
Michael

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Very nice, Michael.

You're got me interested with that "scratch building" comment.  Any hints, or is it a big secret?

Michael

I'm in the mood to build something in the micro to parkflyer size, but definitely for outdoor flying.

Either a depron-foam scratch build, or instead, maybe a warbird wood kit for rubber power converted to electric RC.

Anyway, when and if, it'll be another thread.

Michael

Skyking

The bronco is really nice. I've always wanted one.... I'll give you $25 for it.

Ken
Actually, I can.

piker

Sounds cool, Michael.  I'm looking forward to getting back to my Macchi M5 build that I started a while ago.  I don't know when I'll fit it in, but the idea of a sweat, little, scale job is appealing.

I look forward to your build thread.

Gregor77

Why don't you build a depron Eindecker?  That would be easy and fun with all of us 1/6 - 1/4 planes that we are all building right now.

:P

Michael

Maiden flight today; Successful!

Very windy with cross winds, but take off was perfect, gear retracted, plane flew smoothly, did a few rolls, rolls to the right were surprisingly good, gear came down, and landed, a bit fast due to the cross wind, but landed nicely.

Michael

Michael

So, ... I had about a month's worth of great flights, and today I smashed right into a telephone pole and the plane burst into sawdust.

My landing approach was too wide, and I hit the telephone pole.
My fault; my error.

Please note, I was flying with a spotter, and we were both surprised; we both thought the plane was nowhere close to the telephone pole.

I'll be mush more cautious and careful next time.

The model is way beyond repair.

Michael

wollins

Sorry for your loss Michael, it was a nice plane.

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

thehaze

Sorry, that was a tough one to see.

Personally, I blame Ontario Hydro for locating the wires so close to a rc flying field. Perhaps Andy can remedy that situation.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Wingnutz

Another lump in throat time last night. I watched the take-off and most of the flight...impressive. Sorry.
Let's hope bad things don'thappen in threes...
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on June 06, 2013, 08:36:06 AM
Another lump in throat time last night. I watched the take-off and most of the flight...impressive. Sorry.
Let's hope bad things don'thappen in threes...

We should be good now (at least for a couple of days).  Jeff's Rifle, Simon's Hawker Hunter and Michael's Bronco have cleared the air for us.   :'(

Papa

Actually bad things do happen in trees, just ask Simon???

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Have you heard the joke about the two Irish men?

Two unemployed Irish men walking down the road and they see a painted sign. 

Paddy reads the sign and says "ah shucks, will ya look at that?"
Mick says "What?"
Paddy replies "it's a pity theres not another one of us, look! Tree fellas wanted!"

;D