3D Printed Seagull EDF

Started by davidk, January 27, 2022, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

This is a 3D EDF 1500mm Seagull from PlanePrint.  It's a 40mm EDF running on 2S 1800mAh with a 30A ESC.  Wings are done, tail is on the fuselage, and my son painted the face, feet, and wingtips for me.  It's a Delta Wing setup with Elevons  At first I thought I needed to set up the TX Wing Type as Elevons but that didn't work.  Using a Lemon RX I set a dip switch for Delta and plugged one wing servo into the Aileron port and the other wing servo into the Elevator port.  With the Wing Type set to Normal, controls surfaces for Ailerons and Elevator are working.  I'm hoping the Lemon Autolevel mode (SAFE equivalent) will help with the hand launch.

The fuselage is printed with PLA and the wings and tail are printed with LW-PLA.  EDF installation next along with RX and ESC.

Michael

I wonder if it'll attract birds.
Michael

sihinch

bweaver

Be sure to post a picture of it, when it is all together.  Very novel. 

I look forward to seeing it fly.

davidk

EDF installation is straight forward using a clamping ring and then 1 screw to hold the EDF in place on the fuselage.
The Lemon Stabilizer Plus is in place at the CG, just below the EDF.  The fuselage is at an angle in this area so a bit of balsa was added to allow the RX to sit flat.
The ESC is stuffed into the rear fuselage.  The EDF blades are so close to everything.  I have to make sure nothing will slip into the blades.
Once the front fuselage is glued in place, getting to the ESC and RX is going to be tough.  The design of these "planes" is genius... but sometimes it's a one shot process.

octagon

I am so looking forward to seeing this "bird" fly.
What could possibly go wrong?

davidk

All done.