Flight Instruction

Started by thehaze, May 21, 2013, 06:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

No, just his belly!

And before anyone goes there, yes, it is the pot calling the kettle!

Gregor77

This is the pott calling the Kettle black!   >:(

thehaze

Busiest night so far.

I flew so many planes I lost track of all the flights.  Many thanks again to the instructors for their help.  Tonight's highlights include..

1. Rick earning his wings

2. Ilyian earning his park wings.

I had lots of fun. Let's do it again next week.

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Candu

Funny exchange between flight instructor and student captured on video. The audio from the video is probably too low to hear clearly but here is the transcript:

Instructor: "....alright, are you ready?"
Student: "Yap"
Instructor: "It's yours."
Student: "OK...      I dont't think I have it."
Instructor: "You better...  I'm not flying it."
Student: "No, I don't have it."
Instructor: "OK, That's me."
Student: "Yap,"
Instructor: "HaHa HaHa"
Student: "You have to flip it all the way to the back - the switch."
Instructor: "That's why, OK... That's a good one.OK, Do you have it now? There we go"
Student: "Yap, I have it, I have it, yap, I got it, I got it, I got it...."

A fun and enjoyable session. Here's the video clip. You may have to view it under full screen to see the tiny planes.

RC Flight Training

Ededge2002

You forgot to mention that I basically crashed a trainer. I'm still feeling quite bad about the experience.  I hope my wings won't be removed.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

Frank. That was funny.  Lets blame the "full scale air craft switches" on the controller. But the plane flew great compared to the "dragon".  Frank you did a great job last night.

Tom

Quote from: Ededge2002 on June 05, 2013, 11:16:36 PM
You forgot to mention that I basically crashed a trainer. I'm still feeling quite bad about the experience.  I hope my wings won't be removed.

I assume you're referring to my Avistar?  Honestly there is no to reason to feel bad...but be prepared to go up with me again because I'm not giving up until we have a successful flight.

thehaze

That's the spirit!

Plus it was more like a hard landing than a crash.

Don't worry Ed,  I've done worse things to other people's planes.  The damage looked minor and that plane will fly again.

It does look like it comes in pretty hot on landing though. Long approaches are the order of the day for that one. Just be sure not to go too close to the road. Bad things happen over there.

akabek

It was another great Wednesday night.  After two fly days for me with the club I just wanted to say everyone is very friendly and supportive with is a huge plus.  The only problem is that you guys can be a bad influence as I have already bought new 3D plane due to someones recommendation last week and now I will probably need a pylon racer after last nights show and tell.  I will miss the folks on Wednesday nights but now that I have my wings I have more days to choose from to fly. ;D ;D

Ededge2002

Yes Tom I'm referring to your Avistar. Ron cautioned me that the controls were soft but I guess my reflexes did not anticipate the elevator response at landing speed. Honestly a rookie mistake on my part.
If there are any troubles with the repair let me know.
You were flying terrific and made a perfect approach.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran1042

Quote from: thehaze on June 05, 2013, 10:54:32 PM
Busiest night so far.

I flew so many planes I lost track of all the flights.  Many thanks again to the instructors for their help.  Tonight's highlights include..

1. Rick earning his wings

2. Ilyian earning his park wings.

I had lots of fun. Let's do it again next week.

Mike

You forgot to mention me taking off my messed up Cessna and you having to save the model on your remote! lol  it wouldn't go straight and i still managed :) almost crashed twice :p

It was a really fun day :)
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

Conditions for tomorrow, June 12, are excellent.  Charge your batteries and get ready to fly!

Training starts at 6pm

See you at the field!

Mike

imran13

I'll probably get there around 7:30-7:45 ish because I have an event at my school, can't wait to get some flights, turnigy batteries arrived today :D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

akabek

Quote from: thehaze on June 11, 2013, 03:25:56 PM
Conditions for tomorrow, June 12, are excellent.  Charge your batteries and get ready to fly!

Training starts at 6pm

See you at the field!

Mike

I will be dropping by to pick up my wings...don't forget.