Flight Instruction 2014

Started by frajolex, February 04, 2014, 02:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajolex

Hi all,

Although I  have some experience flying my planes, I want to drop by on Wednesdays to learn the club rules, etc..

When are you guys planning to start the instruction for 2014?
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

sihinch

It's very weather dependent but usually some time in late April or early May.

frajolex

Oh, so even if I join the club, lets say, today, I can't go to ROGO before (i.e. this weekend) to fly...   :-\
Andre Albuquerque

Papa

Once you're a member you can fly anytime, but first first we need an Instructor to determine your competence level and to instruct you on the club rules. Our club motto is Fun, Safety and Courtesy. Our rules are common sense aimed at supporting these three objectives.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Pilot's Meeting.

You can contact Andy for membership and I'm sure one of our Instructors would be happy to work with you to arrange a competency review..

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

As frustrating as that is, I'm afraid you are 100% correct.  Without being checked out by our CFI or an instructor, you cant fly at TEMAC. Sorry.

Safety is one of our club values (it's in our motto), is very important to us, and something we take very seriously.  We'd hate you to hurt yourself, or another member, or a member of the public.  Plus, as a MAAC site, we have a commitment and obligation (for insurance reasons amongst other things) to support their wings program.  Plus as you can imagine, due to the risks of RC flying, property damage is another concern and consideration. Our site is near a road and lumber yard, and residential properties.  For our neighbors and members we need to assess your skill.

Spring will be here very soon...... :)

sihinch

Ooops, looks like Jack beat me to it.

piker

I assume if a new member already has their MAAC Wings, from training and approval at another MAAC chartered club, they can fly right away with confirmed TEMAC membership.  Training and/or assessment by our CFI is only required for new pilots or pilots without MAAC Wings.  Correct?

Papa

Almost, we still need one assessment with an Instructor to go over the club rules etc and ensure that the wings status is legitimate.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

If this all sounds a bit much, remember we are doing it to protect the safety or ALL our club members, any guests or members of public and the longevity of our club.

piker

Quote from: Papa on February 05, 2014, 01:30:08 PM
Almost, we still need one assessment with an Instructor to go over the club rules etc and ensure that the wings status is legitimate.

Jack.

Yes.  Makes sense.

frajolex

Folks, there's no frustration at all  8)

I'm trying to see what are the next steps so I can get my wings and fly...

I'll start looking @ the club rules to get familiarized..

The sooner I learn, the sooner I get my wings  ;D
Andre Albuquerque