Events Update for Fall and Winter.

Started by Papa, September 04, 2014, 01:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

There will be a lot of information so please read fully and carefully. Don't come asking for information you could get here.

• President's BBQ, Wednesday September 10, 6:00pm 'till dusk. This is a BBQ put on by the club to thank all the instructors, students and parents who came out each Wednesday to learn to fly. Congratulations to all who were successful in getting their wings. The rest can look forward to some indoor flying and an early start next Spring when you too will get your wings. All students who participated this year are welcome with their parents and the instructors so the club can formally thank you for your volunteering efforts. Volunteers make this club what it is.
  • Skills Challenge, Sunday September 28, BBQ at 12 noon, challenges from 1:00pm to around 3:00pm.
  • Build Classes: There is a lot of interest in the build classes so much so that we are running two sessions and building three models. Fortunately we have plenty of skilled volunteers to assist us. I will post separately for each so you can sign up. These posts will have more details.
  • Skywriter: At this point you will need to begin working on your upper wing. the first class will be Monday October 6. Frank will be starting the fuselage at this session.
  • Events Calendar: has been updated and has times and places for all events. Check it out. http://temac.ca/?page_id=298
  • Zone Meeting: TEMAC will be hosting the zone meeting Sunday, October 19. this will include a swap meet, lunch, lunch presentation, meeting and flying at Rogo Field ending with a BBQ. I may be looking for volunteers.
That should bring you up to date but be sure and check out the events calendar on the web site frequently.

Jack.

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

octagon

Hi jack. I am writing this from Venice, Italy. I will not be able to make the 10th, as we will still be here till the 20th. Please tell all the instructors how much I appreciate all they did for me, to help me get back into the sport. Also thanks to yourself for some timely and poniant observations on my landings and more so on my take offs. I don't think I will build that glider as I have an Aquilla that I am in the process of electrifying. The model flew in the 1979 Nats, so she is almost an antique! See you when I get back. Rob
What could possibly go wrong?

Papa

Enjoy your holiday and I will pass on your thanks to the instructors.

jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"