TEMAC Fun Fly 2013!

Started by piker, August 20, 2013, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

What about restored scratch builds?

Michael

Quote from: Gregor77 on August 20, 2013, 06:50:44 PM
What about restored scratch builds?

Could be best scale, could be best sport, is it a multi-motor; could be best multi.

Could be CD's choice; could be pilots' choice.

Michael

imran1042

OHH YEA, MY LEADER WAS DESTROYED AND IT STILL FLIES! lol
Any day at the field is a good day :)

imran13

Yeah but that would be stealing credit for Frank's work
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

imran1042

who said ill take the credit  ;)
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Wingnutz

Michael, thanks for attempting to focus us on modelling innovation and effort and for organizing and posting the prize categories!
Serious questions about this weekend's FunFly,
1. Are we following Jack's Air Show format? Although I don't often fly at FunFlys, I like Jack's Air Show format, especially the limiting of traffic.
2. I also really like air shows (full size or models) with a commentator I can actually hear. Michael? P.A.? If we're bringing scale models, should we bring a write-up about the model/real aircraft modelled or is it too late to organize this? Sometimes, past TEMAC events have included some of this, IMHO improving the quality of the "show".
Even though FunFly suggests informality, my questions stem from a feeling that the flying at a club "event" should be different from regular Sunday afternoons which are always fun flys.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Michael

Hi Bill

This funfly is not going to be one of the air-show format events; it's just a regular funfly, where I suppose several will bring out some of their nicer planes for some friendly showing-off and just for fun.

There will be funflying, a barbeque, racing, more funflying, awards, an auction, and more even more funflying.

I expect we'll have a more formal type event next year at what will probably be a bigger and combined jets/warbird event.
Michael

eric

I just finished putting the final touches on my Norseman, so I'm looking forward to Sunday to get it into the air. If its as calm as the long range forecast says it will be, I'll be bringing along the big old beasts for an airing as well.

Eric

Wingnutz

Eric,
Looking forward to seeing your Norseman...I'm impressed you managed to get it done!
Michael,
Thanks for the clarification...I'll enjoy the day whatever it holds.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Papa

Way to go Eric, it was getting lonely!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Tom M.

Jack, Bill, and Michael (and everyone else!)- unnless something drastically changes I shall be bringing 2 airplanes and a daughter. Having missed  out last year I'm especially looking forwaed to seeing you all.  :) :)
  Tom Muir

Papa

Great Tom, we are looking forward to seeing you, your models and your daughter.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

This is torture!  Cant wait for Sunday! Did a once over of the fleet and all is prepped.

I will be bringing the RV so washroom facilities are provided should you or your others require.   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

I got some goodies ready. Tomorrow will be busy preparing.

imran13

Had I started on my Yak sooner, it would be ready for Sunday. Sadly, unless some magic happens, it won't be :(

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.