Wed afternoon/evening flying April 19

Started by Michael, April 17, 2006, 10:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Four W's permitting (weather, wind, work and wife), I'm going to fly late Wednesday afternoon, maybe about 4 or 5pm (at TEMAC of course).

So far the weather looks good and dry.

Michael
Michael

oldtrc

Hello Michael,
I will try to be there on Wednesday too.
I was at the field yesterday, Easter Sunday, from about 12:30 PM to about 3 PM and there were 3 guys already flying. Jim Connell also came later for his last Day at the field before departing and bid him farewell.

Nestor

jimconnell

Hi Michael

According to the moving supervisor, my wife Cindy, things are a little ahead of schedule.  And since my plane and RC gear has somehow avoided being packed up just yet I've received permission to go flying after work on Wednesday.  Looking forward to flying with you.  

Jim

Michael

Forecast for this afternoon:

19 to 20 degrees C. 10km north wind.

PERFECT!

I should be there by 5pm.

(I'm bringing boots anyway; the ground will probably still be wet.)

Michael
Michael

Michael

We had a great time flying. A few bumpy landings, but no crashes!

Aside from myself, Glenn Nikolaiko, Colin Moses, Jim Connell, Nestor Santos, Ronald Khoo and Robert Pike came out. We were flying from 4pm until 8pm (dusk).

There were slow-flyers, scale planes, trainers, sport and aerobatic planes, a high-speed glider, a jet and a helicopter.

Watch for photos in an upcoming EMFSO newsletter and soon on the TEMAC website.

Michael
Michael

oldtrc

Hello Michael,
I flew again Today and it was another good day to fly. I flew my BB goose and had a 16 min. flight with it with very little wind. Another flyer came too.
By the way the Nest was still there with the mother bird doing the same thing. I really hope they survive.

Nestor