IT'S WEDNESDAY AGAIN! YAY!

Started by Michael, May 02, 2006, 09:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The forecast looks pretty decent.

I plan to go up late afternoon, early evening (May 3).

Maybe I'll bring my Mig jet, my BIG Tiger Moth, and who knows?

Michael
Michael

piker

I'm planning on going.  I can't get there until about 6:30.  But that still gives about 2 hours of flying time.

I've been looking forward to getting out to TEMAC since that last, nice, Wednesday evening (two weeks ago).

I have a new plane to test fly (small aerobatic) and I'll bring my old reliable Rascal.

I won't be able to bring out the bigger stuff until I know I can bring my trailer in without getting stuck [:)]

Robert

oldtrc

Hello Rob,
I don't think you'll get stuck.
I and Bill were at the field today and we were able to park at the usual parking spaces. Most of the grounds are hard and dry now.

Nestor

piker

Thanks Nestor.  I guess I have no more excuses.....except that my planes aren't ready yet [:)]

Robert

Michael

The weather is fantastic today.

I feel like a kid in school, looking out the window, waiting to get out!

Michael
Michael

Michael

A great evening!

We saw the return of Adam Rogozinsky (after a year's hiatus) flying a new mid-size pattern plane, a Brio. Robert Pike maidened his new aerobatic Zlin, and on a susequant flight, performed a beautiful inverted flat spin. I had my Mig jet slide and take off from the grass, and Simon flew his big and powerful P51D.

Also there were Colin and Derek Moses, Richard Rasmaran, Nestor Santos, and André Wedseltoft.

Michael
Michael

piker

....and that Glenn guy......oh, and Sam and Reagn, my kids  [:)]

Nice evening.  It calmed down beautifully.

Robert

pmackenzie

Michael,
 I just saw an ad for the Brio in the new MAN.
Nice looking plane.
  How did it fly?
Pat MacKenzie

Michael

Oh yeah, of course! Glenn!

And Rob's kids.

Pat, the plane flew very well. Adam is using a Hacker A30-16M outrunner and a 30 amp speed control with 3 series 2100 cells, and an 11/5.5 APC-E prop.

It is capable of good (but not unlimited) vertical, and flies very 'straight'. Aerobatics look good, and it flies well, slow and fast. Definately a smoother flyer than a Mini-Funtana.

With a bigger prop, it would be much stronger, but would need better throttle management; the battery gets quite warm after an 8 minute flight.

Michael
Michael

piker

It's a sweet plane indeed.  I wish I had one.

Robert