How to start for newbie....

Started by Park, May 17, 2006, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Park

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and looking for help to start a real rc fly. I'm not sure what should I do first. I'm now just keep practicing with the sim at home. Not so sure what would be the different between the sim and the real thing. Anyway, I have couple of question & hope someone can help to provide me your comments.

1.   How should I get someone to coach or watch me fly before I get the "wings" thing. Or can I fly, as long as, someone with the "wings" at the field? If I do need that "wings" member, do I need to pay him? How to arrange one of the "wings" member to fly with me?
2.   Do I need to become any of your member's guest to come see you guys flying?
3.   Any suggestion which I forget to mention for a newbie...

Thanks

Park.

Michael

1. An instructor, or a regular flyer, can teach, help and watch any new TEMAC member. This is FREE to TEMAC members. Beginners usually come to the field on Wednesday evenings at 6pm until dusk, depending on weather. Other days can be arranged.

2. You do not have to be a member to come watch. You do need to be a member to fly.

3. You also have to be a member of MAAC. This will insure you in case of damage to someone else's property or person. see www.maac.ca

Michael
Michael

Park

Thanks Micheal.

I will come stop by duing this weekend.

Thanks

Michael

I won't be there this weekend, but others should be there, perhaps Saturday or Sunday morning, if the weather is nice.

There is a funfly in Oakville next Saturday. See info on the main page.

Michael
Michael

oldtrc

Hello Park,
I responded to the eMail you sent me, I am just wondering if you got it. I heard you were flying Helicopters.?
Nestor

Park

Thanks Nestor. I got your e-mail.