TEMAC Wed AUg 2, 2006

Started by Michael, August 02, 2006, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I'm charging my batteries to fly this evening, but the weather forcast is not good.

Just in case, I'll be ready for Thursday.

Michael
Michael

rkhoo

I've got 3 pack charged up, on my forth one as I typed...will see.

Michael

4 members and a visiter were at TEMAC this hot evening, but the wind was just too strong. After a few brave and bumpy flights, we gave up, and are hoping for better weather tommorow.

Michael
Michael

wollins

Michael, I just checked and it shows that the wind we flew in was 41km/h gusting to 55km/h! See http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/24_hour_conditions_e.html?yyz&unit=m

Colin.

|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'! :)
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

rkhoo

Seating at home and watch those spectacular thunders with my chraged pack has no fun. Out of boredom I scatch built a Bluecor boat foamie.  I used some left-over RC parts of a differtial-steering plane.  Put s slap of foam on top of a pair of GWS floats.  Twin moto on top blowing-fan type setup.  I can 'fly'ths boat on the floor on my basement!  

I am surprise how fast it goes!

http://static.flickr.com/94/205411062_2031067b35_m.jpg" />

Michael

quote:
Originally posted by wollins

Michael, I just checked and it shows that the wind we flew in was 41km/h gusting to 55km/h!

No wonder my landings weren't quite perfect. [:D]

Michael
Michael

Michael

In case anyone is intersted who flew last night (besides me), Colin Moses had one terrific flight with his big Yak, Dave "Wigglesticks" visited us and fought with the wind with one of his custom built 3D biplanes, Park brought a modified E-Flight Thunderbolt, but bowed to caution due to the high winds, and Ken Rawlens came to watch.

Michael
Michael

Michael

I'm not going tonight. Too wet.

Michael
Michael

gordonbw

I have the day off on Friday ... anybody care to meet at TEMAC in the morning (or afternoon for that matter)?

Show of hands???

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"

Michael

I'd come to TEMAC on Friday, shortly after noon (sun behind us), if the weather is decent.

I'll confirm in the morning.

Michael
Michael

rkhoo

I "flew" my BlueWave boat tonite. It does not seem to mind the wetness ;)

Michael

I plan to show up at TEMAC at about 12:30 or 1pm, and stay for a while.

Michael
Michael

gordonbw

Ir was really windy at TEMAC at 1:00.  Michael and I struggled for one flight each, then gave up and compared notes on Beatles music.

Three more weekend days....

Gordon Braun-Woodbury

Michael

I left a battery pack at TEMAC, so I went back.

Simon, Park and Rick were there. Despite the heavy winds, Park flew his Thunderbolt really well.

Also at TEMAC (with the above) was a young Israeli fellow, named Alon. He flies electric RC in Israel, decided to look us up since we are an electric club. He is a medic in the Israeli army, who flies rescue missions on a helicopter. We had a great time talking.

Michael
Michael

gordonbw

Great Saturday at TEMAC! For once this year the weather was perfect, with sunshine, light SW breezes and balmy tempertaures.

I was there for over four hours... John K, Phil Wadsworth, Nestor, and  Keith handled the early morning shift, then Andre, Colin, Derek, Bill, Simon and Glenn took over.

It was an especially fine day for e-gliders -- Andre, Glenn and I all flew ours and had success in hooking big thermals.

Today's "persistence prize" goes to Nestor, who searched long and hard for his lost Electra, and finally found it in a far corner of the field.  It is covered in green Monokote, so it's a tad hard to see against the soybeans...

Gordon Braun-Woodbury