Why my wife loves our hobby

Started by sihinch, January 08, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

After the fun discussion tonight on why our wives could see a benefit from our hobby, I thought I'd start a thread......

Last week a drawer handle fell off in our kitchen! Les said "can you glue that?" And I course I had exactly the right glue in my collection of RC paraphernalia. She loves our hobby!

piker

Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute to this discussion  :-\

eric

I'm using tools and glues from the hobby to repair things around the house all the time, as well as Sheelagh's things, like jewellery and knick knacks.

As with everything in married life, wives love it when you can fix things, but aren't thrilled when flying gets in their agenda's way. I must say, though, I'm much luckier on the home front than a lot of the guys I talk with. I received a Flyzone Beaver for Christmas this year. This is the 4th plane Sheelagh's bought for me since I started the hobby 6 years ago.

There are a lot worse things that husbands can get into and I believe she realizes this. Coming home from the field one day I heard her talking on the phone. She didn't know I was there and I heard her say, "Oh, he's out standing in a field with a bunch of guys flying his model planes. What trouble can he get into?". Good way to look at it!

Eric