Dago Red is Dead

Started by Andy Hoffer, June 29, 2014, 01:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

After a tempestuous love-hate relationship with my Dago Red Mustang, I am pleased to report that the wings of my oft-repaired foamie parted company with the fuselage after the wing spar failed entering a loop.  The wings fluttered gracefully to earth evoking great jubilation and mirth amongst the appreciative audience at the field this afternoon.  The fuse, however, carrying a nice big 4S-5000 Nano and beefy motor to match, wasted no time planting itself in the beans.  The energy dissipating capacity of the front end, spinner, prop, motor mount and battery were amply demonstrated.  A good time was had by all. 

Thanks so much to all the kind souls who helped with the recovery mission at great personal risk of injury from trying to walk and howl with laughter at the same time.   We easily got more than the full value of the plane in entertainment !!

Many thanks to Graham McNicol for helping to document this momentous occasion.

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer

Gregor77

Sorry about the lose of the plane. It probably hurts more to see that battery. I just ordered two batteries from the king and could feel the financial pain. Get the glue gun out. It should buff right out. P.s. Please check out the Temac trading post if you need a replacement.

gmcnic

This calls for a visit to Frank v B's repair shop... :)

eddiecj

OMG LMAO! Not about the loss of your plane, but those pictures are a howl, love the pics and your description is entertaining as heck, glad that the plane provided lots o good times before she took a dirt nap lol. The fun may not be over though, overcharge the Lipo then poke it with a nail, and let the fireworks begin! After all, it is  Canada day!! Everyone, Click on the link bellow and forward to the 50 sec mark, this guy can score a goal keeper contract with Manchester United guaranteed with that plane dodge! Lol, every time it see this clip I get a case of cramped rib cage, I love how the pilot says "sorry" after takeoff, typical day at the Benny Hill RC airfield,how about if we take off and scatter the crowd like roaches when a light comes on lol!

http://youtu.be/6ORlF266CBY

sihinch

Although it may be entertaining to some I can't help but wince when I watch this video.  It is so bad, and so unsafe. Really a terrible advert for the RC hobby.

Sorry, for me, not funny.

Andy Hoffer

An excellent demonstration of poor pilot judgement.  Aborted takeoff was clearly in order.

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

Get the truck and bring the foam over to my place. If I can't repair it , it can at least become a cherished trophy for the AGM.  I may even use it for insulation on my next bathroom renovation.

Somehow I think you are happy.  That plane figured out more ways to piss you off than any other plane you have ever owned. ;D

Frank

ps: re: the jet video.  What a horrible decision by the pilot.  What is he doing flying jets??
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi Frank:

Much as I would have thoroughly enjoyed watching you torment yourself with the pile of foam scraps created by this event, I just couldn't lower myself to inflicting that on you.  Believe me, I thought about it.  But life is short and should be spent on more rewarding things, like climbing trees and making a remote controlled starting flag that works.   ;D

Thinking of you always.

Andy

Ededge2002

Quote" Thinking of you always.

Andy"

I can almost feel the love from here in Quebec.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

frajolex

wow!! what a beautiful "dive"!  Jeezzz!!!! I wonder why this dude didn't abort the takeoff...
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...