What are you planning to put on the workbench this fall

Started by Gregor77, August 28, 2014, 11:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

In light of the great summer of flying, I was already starting to think of what projects to work on this winter.  Anyone else thinking of something interesting in ARF and built?

I am going to start on the BUSA eindecker, the same one that Gordon did a few years back.  I have lots of parts left over from the DR-1 and covering material, so that should go fast.

In regards to ARF, I have the P47D-1 and BF109 from H9, so that will take a few weeks.

battlestu

mmm good question... i'll take a second crack at building a race plane, also have Cessna 182 that needs some work, and work with Grace to build her a trainer plane.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Scatch Build - Skywriter
Kit - FlyFly Phantom 90mm EDF and Windrider Hurricane 48"
ARF EDFs - Freewing Eurofighter 90mm, RC Lander Hunter 70mm, SkyAngel F-35 50mm
ARF - Seagull Grob Tutor T1 67", HK Slick 1300mm, Dynam P-51D Mustang (with custom paint)
Racers - Stinker (custom wing on Stinger fuse) another Slipstream, a 2nd Slipso fuse & custom wing (called "Fanatic")

To buy - HK Lancaster v2 (Sept release), HK Sea Fury 1200mm (Oct release est.) and maybe a nice Sukhoi PAK-FA EDF (if someone other than LX brings one out.)

Possibles list - new Freewing F-16, Hangar 9 Spitfire 30cc, another Reverb

Gregor77

Some nice planes... Where are you getting the dynam from as SN is not carrying it?

sihinch

Oscar

Simon

No HK DC3/C-47?

From Hobby King info

two version of PNP
Green/Gray - Three Decal sets included
All Silver - Two decal sets included

one Kit version (Just foam/plastic) zero assembly
All white

Battery will be 4S 3000~3600mah

Wingspan:-1600mm
Retracts- yes
Flaps-split flaps
Steerable tail wheel
LED lights @ the wing tips

sihinch

Gregor77

The new HK DC3/C47 looks like it would be fun.. Depends on price and overall cost to get it here... after waiting 3 months for batteries I might not be that patient!

Well I got the Eflite 450 almost done.. Looks good, but smalled than I expected.  I will be great to just throw in the back of the car.  Plus running on 3S,2200 is good too as I have a few at home.

Trying to keep this thread going, I just ordred the HK HE-162 EDF, It will be a good match with my GWS ME262.

Anyone consider getting the Dynam one?  Now with the runway we are golden!

wollins

- A couple of racers.
- GP Cosmic Wind
- HU-16 Grumman Albatross
- Achi Val WW11 Japanese Dive Bomber (the plane that did most of the damage in the Pearl Harbour raids)

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

battlestu

will the "val" be as big as the typhoon? and which kit is that?
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gregor77

Val would be amazing.. Years ago I found a 60 size one that a guy offered to me in hind sight I should have grabbed it, but I was too of a noob at that point to see the value.  it was offered to me for $100 RTF with old futaba radio.   

I am still tempted to make a large scale foam BF109.  But that might be on hold till I clear more planes out of the hangar..

wollins

Quote from: battlestu on August 29, 2014, 09:32:25 AM
will the "val" be as big as the typhoon? and which kit is that?

No, it will be bigger!  ;D  Esm kit.

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

My primary objective for the building season is to finish my Supermarine Stranraer build.  That will take most of my building time this year.  But, I also need to build:

The rest of the scratch built 'Skywriter'
A couple more 'Morphine' racers

and I need to finish:

The repair of my Sandringham
Detailing of my SE5a and CL-215 Water Bomber
Refurbishment of my Macchi M-33

And, if I can somehow fit it in:

Equip the Sea Fury I bough from Andre
Equip and refurbish the Hanriot WWI biplane I bought from Martin Irvine years ago
And strip down and recover my old Navigator flying boat

Oh, and I'd like to finish off my Ryan STM that has been ready for covering for a VERY long time.

If I can somehow do all that I'll be happy with my "fleet" for next summer   :o

Michael

First priority: Find my workbench table-top after an extensive cleaning!

Then:

Finish my "Skywriter"

An 8 foot wingspan Grumman Albatross.

Maybe, a 5 to 6 foot wingspan scratch-built or kit-bashed sport plane.

... and probably a couple of ARF's, maybe a jet to replace 3 that went down this season.
Michael

Gregor77

The one item that I would like to work on is a 1/6 scale pilot figure for my blue nose and some of the other 60 size planes.  Now that I have a corsair, P40, BF109, P47 and other, it would make a nice touch when the plane is parked.. lol!

There are some companies online like Dragon Models and BBI that make figures, I have seen a spitefire pilot with dog and a luftwaffe instructor.