Good news!

Started by Michael, September 24, 2004, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I spoke to the farmer who leases us the land. I am to give him a cheque for 2005; we're on for another year!

Also, he's planning to plant soy next year; that's way shorter than corn!

Michael
Michael

Ex14th

And when you REALLY have to land outside the landing zone, the soy beans cushion the plane, instead of the corn stocks cutting into the wing and fuz, like the one happened to my Ultra Stick Lite with a DA50, not a piece bigger than the size of 3 x 6 inches left - sorry, wrng board, but anyway, you know what I meant.

Edited by - Ex14th on 24 Sep 2004  5:48:42 PM

gordonbw

Ouch!  Alex, that's what you get for going over to the Dark Side!

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
“Crashing builds character. Really!”

slo-poke

, the soy beans cushion the plane, instead of the corn stocks cutting into the wing and fuz,

Until late July when the stiff shafts of the soy bean performs accupuncture on one's Monokote.

Ex14th

That remines me of 14th, good old 14th, I am sure we all miss it. They use to grow soy bean there remember?, and then, I think either Hydro decided not to renew the lease, or the farmer had enough of us stamping the plants on our way to retrieve the planes, and decided that was it, and let the stumps took over the field, sop, sop. But then we have TEMAC now. Remember to renew your membership, soon.

Alex

bald warthog

I was at the TEMAC field around noon today; it sure looks great, the runway is luxurious. The pit tables are holding up well. A far cry from the "undevelopped field" of last spring. Nice work guys. Much appreciated.

Now if everybody would simply renew their memberships so that we can have a great field again next year !

Rod

Edited by - bald warthog on 27 Sep 2004  9:40:49 PM
Rod Clark C.E.T.
MAAC 69870
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47

Michael

I flew there last Sunday with Adam, Glenn, Nestor, Richard, Simon and others.

The grass on the field was actually cut to about 1 to 1½" tall. That was the best I've seen it. Now we have to flatten the field more.

Michael
Michael

piker

Where were you last Saturday?  You missed a great fun fly.

Robert

Michael

Saturday was Yom Kippur, (Day of atonement), the most holy of Jewish holidays.

I had to pray for forgiveness for all the bad behaviour (beer drinking and the like) that I've learned from hanging around with certain people.

Michael
Michael

piker

Well, it was a very holy day at the sod farm too.  "Holy Crap!  Did you see that crash?!!!!"

(sorry. was that in bad taste?)

Michael

Actually, I've always found that a successful flight (landing) was equal to a religious experience...

Michael
Michael

eric wedseltoft

there's nothing holy or unholy about a good
crash, but it could be possibly heavenly if it is not yours.