Chirdren's club

Started by aist, November 15, 2004, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aist

Hi all,

Please advise if you know any Hobby Club or just a person in GTA-North (Richmond Hill - Thornhill -North York ) who work with children and can teach my 12 y.o. son to build R/C airplanes. Possibly  more children will join.

Thank you,
Andrew
email: [email protected]

piker

Andrew,

I don't know of any model club that teaches how to build.  Most people purchase a kit and follow the instructions.  

However, we, the Electric Model Flyers of Southern Ontario, hold regular monthly meetings through the winter.  These are geared toward the beginner to help him learn about building and flying electric powered r/c aircraft.  We also fly at the TEMAC field, mainly in the nicer weather, and we have several other events throughout the year.  At all of these gatherings, and particularly at the Winter Workshops, you and your son can get assistance as you/he build and learns to fly the model.

Your best bet is to go to the next Winter Workshop meeting and introduce yourself to me (Robert Pike).  From there we can see what your son is interested in and suggest a plane to start with.  If he already has a plane, we can offer suggestions to help him build.  See the Event section on the main page of this Site for the next meeting date.  You're also welcome to come out to the Indoor Flying Night this Saturday.

In the meantime, feel free to ask question here in this forum (under "Aircraft Construction" would be best) and we will help out.

Robert