2005 flying season

Started by Michael, February 21, 2005, 08:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Although there's still snow on the ground (and falling and blowing), I'm getting the itch to start flying; I'm really looking forward to spring/summer at TEMAC.

On of the first chores (other than cleaning and maintaining the field) will be to install a new 1-meter tall fence in front of the flying positions (a new MAAC suggestion/requirement).

In the spirit of watching our pennies, does anyone have any material or suggestions?

The fence must still be 100 feet away from the small fence at the parking area.

Michael
Michael

slo-poke

In the spirit of watching our pennies, does anyone have any suggestions?

Michael , as was suggested at the meeting ,why not put out three sided lattice screens one meter high at each flying station . these can  be staked in and removed during grass cutting or for winter storage.

Michael

"Michael , as was suggested at the meeting ,why not put out three sided lattice screens one meter high at each flying station"

These stations would "protect" the flyer, but not other people on the field.

Michael
Michael

Warthog

Michael, I'll donate $30 toward this essential project. I think that's about 50% of a roll of orange mesh snowfence. Lemme know if the exec accepts, then I'll write a cheque........Rod

ps. anyone willing to match this ??
Best regards,
Rod Clark
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47
LSF 3479 (Level 1)
MAAC 69870

Michael

Thanks Rod.

Anyone else willing to help?

The orange mesh fence (about a meter tall) would be perfect.

Anyone have any (approx) 5 foot tall stakes or wide dowls that can be used as posts?

Michael
Michael

Ex14th

As promised last year, I will donate a gas bbq with cast iron grill for that yummy burgers and hot dogs this coming fun-fly. It will be delivered on the first break of dawn, I mean summer.