TEMAC COVID-19 rules and Vaccine Status requirements

Started by Michael, November 19, 2021, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

TEMAC COVID-19 rules and Vaccine Status requirements

I have been in conversation with several doctors and lawyers seeking information about how to establish ongoing protocols at TEMAC, regarding behavior and vaccine status. I then formed a series of questions which I asked of the Ontario Ministry of Health, through Telehealth Ontario. The following will be the basis for our rules, protocols for the near future, until Ontario or municipal guidelines change.

Facts confirmed by the Ministry of Health, directly to me:

1. Approved Covid-19 vaccines prevent severe illness and/or death in the majority of COVID cases among the properly vaccinated. It does not prevent the transmission of COVID.

2. Approved Covid-19 vaccines have been shown to lower the risk of transmission among those that are properly vaccinated, but does not eliminate the risk of transmission among those that are properly vaccinated.

I described our club to the Ministry of Health as the following:

Currently an only-outdoor model-airplane-flying club of approximately 100 members, functioning on approximately 3 acres of land. I described it as rarely having more than 20 members present at one time, and usually less than 10 members present at one time. I explained that our policy is that we have no formal organized activities requiring close contact, and that we have an ongoing policy of social-distancing. I reiterated that we currently have no indoor activities.

I asked what our responsibility is as a club, regarding the vaccination status of our members.

I was specifically told, twice, that we have absolutely no obligation to ask for, nor require, the vaccination status of our members, under these conditions.

While it is known that some members ("Morning Crew") have had group barbecues at the field during the pandemic, this was completely without requesting permission or seeking approval of the board of directors. This activity was not condoned nor authorized by the board, and remains outside official TEMAC COVID policy; this activity has not been a sanctioned organized activity of TEMAC. Should such activity be pursued in the future, assuming conditions have not changed, a list of all participants will have to be maintained, by that group, affirming their vaccinated status, and social distancing will have to be observed.

Our protocols regarding social distancing, refraining from touching other members' belongings, no formal organized flying activities (funflys), and no indoor activities, remain in effect.

Michael Rogozinsky
President, TEMAC
Michael

Michael

Please continue to be safe, polite, patient and courteous, at TEMAC, and, of course, continue to have fun.
Michael

sihinch

Thank you for taking the time to prepare and research this Michael. Good to have a clear set of protocols that are in-line with Ministry of Health guidelines. And also to know what we don't need to do, too.

Frank v B

Thank you Michael.  An interesting read.

My view: No-one at TEMAC is putting a gun to my head forcing me to show up at the field.  I drop by when I feel safe in a way that makes me feel safe and makes my fellow members feel safe. 
If the Club behaviour does not appear safe to me, I will just not show up. 
All the rest of the members can behave the way they interpret the regulations and safety guidelines.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Thanks Frank, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but everyone is not entitled to their own rules.

The rules in the opening post apply to all members.

Thanks again for your superb loyalty to the club, and your dedication in the training and instruction for the last 2 seasons. I haven't asked, but I really hope you'll stand as Chief Flight Instructor for the upcoming term. If I'm elected or acclaimed as President for the next term, you know I'll ask you formally.
Michael

Frank v B

Michael,

re: "I haven't asked, but I really hope you'll stand as Chief Flight Instructor for the upcoming term."

If no-one else wants the job and you can stand me for another year, I will happily do it again. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"