The Rebirth of Concorde... ????

Started by RogMason, December 28, 2021, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogMason

Interesting... I wonder if this will actually come about?

For the most tested aeroplane in history and one that increases in length by 18" at cruise speed due to heat on the Titanium skin, how safe will they be? As John 'A' pointed out in recent conversation, it's not as if they have been stored in the dry Arizona dessert? 

Two are coming from Air France and two from British Airways, including the UK registered G-BOAC. (What an incredible registration for a BA aircraft?)   On a couple of visits to the UK, back in the early 2000's, I personally have taxied past G-BOAC sitting in the rain next to a runway on-ramp at Heathrow. It was a static exhibit. These were the days when they didn't quite know what to do with these magnificent, recently refurbished and hugely expensive aeroplanes, that were removed from service due to the loss of 55% of their regular fare paying customers who perished in the WTC Twin Towers during the 911 tragedy.

Time will tell and we shall see, I guess?

https://www.aerotime.aero/22861-emirates-concorde-service

'Roger That...'

MarcV

"Today, on April 1, 2019, Emirates announced that they would be re-launching the famous supersonic jet, the Concorde into service in 2022, just three years from now."

Hmmm

RogMason

Sorry Concorde fans...Looking closely at the 'mouse type' at the end of the article, it says...

This is just an April Fools' joke, please do not take any information written in this article seriously. With the aviation industry so caught up in serious news and announcements, sometimes it's a good idea to lighten up sometimes and not to think about things too seriously.

'Roger That...'

sihinch

RogMason

It certainly would have been nice Simon! 
Who could deny the beauty of those birds?
'Roger That...'