I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Started by davidk, December 12, 2022, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

Someone shoveled the runway... badly.  I can't believe that any one or more of our members would do this or allow it to be done... how thoughtless.

Foot high mounds of snow, some packed, were left at the north and south ends of where they shoveled.

This mean that upon takeoff or landing... if you are using floats or skis... that you will plow into these mounds of snow and break your floats or skis or plane.

I've never see anyone do this before and cannot believe that any member of TEMAC would be so thoughtless to do this.

If the weather stays cold, these mounds of foot high snow will turn into block of ice and will shatter any plane hitting them.

Whomever did this... go fix it... and don't do it again.  DO NOT SHOVEL THE RUNWAY!!!

Apart from leaving stupid mounds of snow on the runway, you do not know if this damages the fabric or the taping.

Have a thought about other members.  We're into winter flying now... that means floats and skis and belly takeoffs and landings.

This is the 6th revision of this post... I've toned it down.

DO NOT SHOVEL THE RUNWAY!  GO AND FIX THE MESS YOU'VE MADE!

I'll be happy to meet you at the field and help and discuss further and in person.  I've knocked down some of the mounds back onto the runway and will take a shovel tomorrow to finish.

GeoffM

I am with you David.  We don't even want members walking on the runway to keep the snow pack smooth for winter flying.  Can't believe someone thought shovelling was even remotely a good idea, especially with the Geotextile.  NOT THINKING OF OTHER MEMBERS OBVIOUSLY!!!!

davidk

I've fixed the mounds of snow best I could... the guy who messed up the runway didn't fix it.
At least we're not going to be plowing into foot high clumps of snow.
What a way to ruin beautiful winter snow flying days.

Gorgeous day flying today... beautiful blue sky and a bit of north wind.  Couple of inches of powder snow... very nice.