2005 TEMAC funfly

Started by Michael, August 02, 2005, 11:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

TEMAC announces its second annual funfly to be held on Saturday Sept. 3, 2005, at the TEMAC field, from 9am.

This will be an informal day of fun-flying. All types and sizes of Elelctric model airplanes are welcome. The TEMAC field is in fairly good condition, and there is only a very short growth of clover plants surrounding the field for many acres.

Limited space for approx. 30 to 35 flyers. Get there early!

More details will be posted soon, but a barbeque and prizes will be offered.

$5 per flyer.
MAAC membership required.
No rain date.

Map and more info at: http://www3.sympatico.ca/m.rogozinsky/temac-news.htm

or email
[email protected]

Michael
Michael

Michael

I was up at TEMAC yesterday from about 5pm to 7pm. I was helping Brian Gillion (our grass cutter) finish cleaning up the field. It has been cut very nicely, including more area for parking. Weeds have been cut. The field never looked better nor bigger!

I tested the barbeque and it works just fine.

The weather looks like it will be nice this Saturday.

For those of you who are coming to the funfly this weekend, I recommend that you bring lawn chairs. There is also pleanty of room for shade tents.

Hotdogs (also probably hamburgers) and drinks will be offered.

Michael
Michael

slo-poke

Michael, just a suggestion. Perhaps your grass cutter could cut the strip between the ruts in the road you drive in and out on. During my last visit to the field, The grass partially removed the heat shield from my muffler which I had to have removed the next day.
John

Michael

I'll ask him for next time.

Can anyone commit to bringing Barbeque utensils?

I bought hotdogs and hamburgers, buns, Coke, Sprite , water, ketchup and mustard.

Can anyone offer to bring sliced tomatoes and relish?

Michael
Michael

oldtrc

I will bring the relish.
Nestor

Michael

My cell-phone will be on tomorrow morning starting at 7:30am in case anyone needs any driving instructions or help.
416-347-0006.

Michael
Michael

Warthog

Dear Wife will chop up a few tomatoes to go on the hotdogs. I'll arrive by 9 with them "on ice".

Rod Clark
EMFSO/TEMAC/LSF/MAAC
Best regards,
Rod Clark
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47
LSF 3479 (Level 1)
MAAC 69870

Michael

Thanks for the help (Nestor, Rod, Claude, and others) in putting together a great funfly.

In case anyone is interested, we broke even and covered all expenses!

The EMFSO offered to cover any loss, but all expenses were covered by the registration fees and food sales.

I've posted 3 new photos in the image gallery, and I have many more to be posted on the TEMAC website and for the EMFSO newsletter. If anyone has any nice photos from the funfly, please email some to me at:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Michael
Michael

Michael

The new images are not working in the Image Gallery.

I will email Ben (our web-master) for help.

Michael
Michael

bfeist

fixed

Benjamin Feist - EMFSO Site Developer

Michael

Michael