We've got our TICKET TO RIDE! SOC issued for TEMAC!

Started by Michael, April 01, 2023, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

TEMAC is open!  MAAC has issued a Safety Operating Certificate for TEMAC.

Flying at TEMAC requires:

- paid MAAC membership

- paid TEMAC membership

- all flyers must have a Basic RPAS license from Transport Canada

- all aircraft must be registered with Transport Canada, with the registration number clearly visible on the model.

Please note, the driveway, field and runway are very wet. Do not walk on the runway for a few weeks, until it is solid and dry.
Michael

Michael

A more comprehensive email will be sent to all TEMAC members within a day or so.
Michael

Crash

Wha Who! Great News! A Big thanks to the Execs.

Mikey

GuyOReilly

Best news all day!
Thank you @Michael and all executives who worked tirelessly on resolving this unfortunate situation.
Guy

westjet

Thank you to all the executives for the effort and time they put into getting the club opened!  Much appreciated!!

ppalumbo

Looks like a great day to get out and take the first flight of the season not that we are all good to do.  I went to register one of my aircrafts on the TC site and got the following.  So now what???  Do i treat it like a broken parking meter and ignore?? This kinda sucks...

msatin

I've been getting the same message since yesterday
You never fail until you stop trying

GuyOReilly

Quote from: ppalumbo on April 02, 2023, 01:49:58 PM
Looks like a great day to get out and take the first flight of the season not that we are all good to do.  I went to register one of my aircrafts on the TC site and got the following.  So now what???  Do i treat it like a broken parking meter and ignore?? This kinda sucks...

My guess is that this payment method is also used for or by Revenue Canada and because of the tax season and month end/beginning, this message is displayed due to demand.  Only a guess; should be resolved by Monday, fingers crossed as I have a few models to register myself.
Guy

msatin

I tried a couple of times this morning, but got the same message.
I sent a note to TC asking about this, we'll see what they come back.

Canuke

GuyOReilly

No joy!
No registration possible as the button to click is disabled.
We MUST register, but they do not provide the facility for it.  Bureaucrats!  >:(
Guy

G-RIDE

CRA season + 7,000 MAAC members w/ SOC X 100 REPAS Registrations /per = System design Overload.

Gregor77

I think the system can not handle the requests... to be honest, their IT department is going to have a hell of a time sorting regs, one of mine is called playboy! (JK)

msatin

Site seems fully operational now - I had no issues using a credit card

msatin

TC responded to my email this morning, saying the there had been a maintenance issue.
Regardless, I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly they got back to me.