Hotdog BBQ day August 27, 2023

Started by Michael, August 16, 2023, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 20, 2023, 05:46:58 PM
RC junk from my trunk

I will be bringing some planes and stuff to sell or just give away at lunch-time.
If you have some stuff to sell, please place it inside the wire fence with a price tag on a Post-it note on the item(s).
If you have just a few items, leave your trunk open with a price tag on the items.  I will bring Post-It notes and magic markers if you need.

Frank

Andy- please do not place $5.00 price tags on the planes I am flying that day! ;D

The administration may decide to place "for sale" items together near the tall grass at the south end if the day gets busy.  A game-day decision.

Sure thing @Frank v B !  $4.00 it is!
Andy

Crash

I would like to sign up for 2 Hot Dogs if you are considering allowing 2. Thanks for organizing this event.
Regards
Mike Brodey

davidk

Thank you Peter! 

All set for tomorrow.

Frank v B

Draw Prizes!!

This confirms that there will be draw prizes.

What- Gift certificates from GreatHobbies, A&J, Pinnacle and a 7 channel Spektrum 2.4 receiver with satellite from John's Hobbies.
How - You are automatically entered once you have a flight...however short.  Even if you crash on take-off.  One entry per pilot.
When- draw takes place at exactly 2 pm.  Get your flight in before that. If you have to leave before 2:00 and your name is drawn we will get the prize to you.

Frank

Note- the prizes will be randomly inserted into numbered envelopes.  They will be awarded in that order.  No selection
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

David Tam

Pls. count me in for two hotdogs. Hope it is not too late to sign in.
Thank you
David Tam

Forenplayer

Coming

Quote from: Michael on August 16, 2023, 09:46:59 PM
Hi Everyone,
We are planning to have another BBQ at the TEMAC field on Sunday August 27. The BBQ will be free for Temac members. We wlil be cooking up some delicious all beef hot dogs. We will have condiments, but please bring your own drinks. We'll start the Q about noon, and then enjoy flying afterward. We are not planning any organized flying events, just bring whatever you feel like flying. Come on out and enjoy a good hot dog, some laughs, and some flying with friends
Please reply  to this subject posted on the General Discussion area on the forum if you are planning to attend to give us an idea of how much food to supply.
Cheers, your executive, Michael, Dave, Mark and Rob.

Frank (our CFI) has confirmed that our friend Paul Hepworth will attend. He's an amazing RC pilot, and everyone will enjoy watching him fly!

I've heard rumors that prizes will be given away. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to Aug. 27.

Hotdogs so far:
2 Frank
2 Oscar
2 Jan
2 Mark
2 Paul G
8 David
2 Michael
2 Greg C
2 Simon H
2 Peter P
3 Noah and family
2 Karl
2 Paul S
1 Andy H
1 Mike B

sihinch

What an amazing day! Thank you to everyone who helped, contributed and attended. Brilliant.

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Frank v B on August 26, 2023, 05:40:39 PM
Draw Prizes!!

This confirms that there will be draw prizes.
How - You are automatically entered once you have a flight...however short.  Even if you crash on take-off.  One entry per pilot.

Would my flight over the field at 2,000 feet in a Cessna A150M count?
Guy

Frank v B

Guy,

re: your  "Would my flight over the field at 2,000 feet in a Cessna A150M count?"

Only if it were electric.  Otherwise you are SOL.

Hope you had a good flight.

Frank

Oscar

Thank you for organizing such a wonderful activity. 

Frank v B

Photo report:

42- Frank and Chris from Beeton wondering who should fly first.
43- Rudie and Rick from the Beeton club visited us for the day.  Perfect guests.  Oh, they know how to fly well..as well.
44- What do two retired computer sales people talk about? .... people they know.  Mark from Temac and Rudie from Beeton.
47- Michael calling the world's shortest Pilot's Meeting.
49- Paul Scuse and his wife.
50- Paul Hepworth flying
51- his Bronco.  Huge.
60- more Bronco
85- is that big enough? (50 lbs!)
88- Peter with his new plane.  It flew well...in Peter's hands.
91- Rob D. and Greg commenting (scoring?) the flying.
92- Greg scoring a dog.
97- Glenn, Simon and Dave before their Lancaster flight.
01- Our guest Paul Hepworth took out time to spot for Temac junior member Issy.

davidk

What an excellent day, perfect weather, and great fun and flying.

Thank goodness Peter macheted his way through the Pilot Station jungles... Paul's beautiful Bronco handled the remaining rough with ease.

Frank v B

More photos:

03- Paul Hepworth's aerobatic plane...with my  Guillow's Streak on the nose (180 on 2 cells).
06  David loves his dogs well done.  He doesn't order them "rare", "medium rare" or "well done".  He orders them "first, second or third degree burns".
08- Oscar setting up his spy plane.
10- Oscar ready for a day at the office- setting up his pilot station with the correct control yoke (aileron and elevator), rudder pedals and throttle as in a real plane.
11- Oscar conscripted a sketchy co-pilot.   The backup transmitter was for safety just in case something went wrong..so it would be my fault. ;)
13- Paul and Rob drawing the winners of the gift certificates and prizes donated by Pinnacle, A&J, GreatHobbies and John's Hobbies.
16- Dave won the 7 channel Spektrum receiver with satellite courtesy of John's Hobbies.
19- Paul just before the maiden of his new Pitts.  Flew beautifully.

Frank

Frank v B

Here are the draw winners in order.  The names with the * are the envelopes that still need to be picked up.  I have them.

1- Jan
2- Peter P.
3- Glenn
4- Noah
5- Rob D.
6- Paul G.
7- Paul Scuse*
8- Rudie (Beeton)*
9- Michael
10- Simon H.
11- Mike Brodey
12- Mark Satin
13- Rick Byers (Beeton)*
14- Chris (Beeton)*
15- Oscar
16- Paul Hepworth
17- Dave (Beeton)*
18- David Kates

Lesson- if you were on the TEMAC Excec or with the Beeton boys you did very well. ;) ;D 8)

Thank you to A&J Hobbies, Pinnacle Hobbies, John's Hobbies, GreatHobbies for the 18 donated prizes.

Frank