TEMAC Sept and Oct 2005.

Started by Michael, September 22, 2005, 05:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

With the current run of decent weather, I expect the field to be in use through the end Oct 2005. After that I will probably have to stop grass cutting to save money. Of course, all TEMAC members are invited to all EMFSO indoor funflies.

I haven't been up to TEMAC for about a week and a half, nor will I be there this weekend (Beeton funfly on Sunday - see EMFSO homepage).

If any members have any concerns or issues with the field, please contact me.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

or

416-784-4261 (daytime, Mon to Fri).

Michael
Michael

slo-poke

end Oct 2005. After that I will probably have to stop grass cutting to save money.

Last year when I was more involved with the start up of the field , I remember telling the grass cutting guy  not to cut after the middle of September. At this point because of the cooler and wetter weather, the grass is growing very well and establishes  a better root system with many new plantlets (filling in the gaps) . The longer grass generates more food for the winter and produces ,if your lucky, some new grass seed for next year. It's your call Michael . I just thought you might like this information to make an informed decision. BTW , I put down about 60 lbs of WINTERISER fertilizer this time last year .  You might think about  that as well. You know what the field was like this year with all that TLC . You can imagine what it will be like going into the winter scalped and starving.

S.P.

Ex14th

John, the result speaks for itself; we thoroughly enjoyed the field this season, hat's off to you.

Good work,

Alex

Michael

OK, grass cutting will end with September to help keep the grass and the bank account healthy.

Fly with care and caution. It's been a great season. Thanks to all the members who made it so much fun!

Michael
Michael

Michael

Great flying today at TEMAC. Several members showed up and even a few spectators! Harry Skelton received his "wings" today; The last time he earned his wings was 1945!

The weather was terrific too!

Michael
Michael