POSTPONED - Spring Clean Up! April 12th

Started by Ededge2002, April 07, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

As no one has posted this important and fun event I figured I would.  Had Robert not mentioned it to me last weekend I would have missed it!  I don't look at the main page nor the events calendar very often and figured there might be others.

Spring Clean Up

When
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10am – 1pm Eastern Time - Toronto

What to bring?

Boots, heavy rakes and shovels.  A wheel barrow would be nice to have around if someone can provide one.  Also some work gloves and a couple girls from Hooters would help to get things done!

Oh and a enthusiastic smile wouldn't hurt!

If anyone has things to add or wants to chime in that they will be there please do
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

gmcnic

Looks like fun.
Let's do it!

I am in.

sihinch

Hoping everyone sees this - due to the remaining snow and ground condition, the spring clean-up at TEMAC will NOT take place on April 12th.

Wingnutz

Ed, Graham,
Thanks for the enthusiasm shown in your posts earlier in this thread. It's one of the things that makes TEMAC special  :) and it's enthusiasm shared by TEMAC's executive. Your executive met Monday evening and spent the whole meeting planning how they can help make ROGO Field the best place it can be. We have some ambitious plans which Jack will outline in a forthcoming Tickler.
My sincerest apologies if my Tuesday morning post about postponing the cleanup and Simon's post here quashed your enthusiasm in any way...there will be lots of opportunities for everyone to contribute to ROGO Field this summer! ;) Stay tuned! See you at the field.

Bill...Director of Administration (Field Guy)
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Wingnutz

Dunno if Spring's really here or not yet but forecast for Sat. looks encouraging...coolish but sunny and low wind!
We've scheduled ROGO Cleanup for this Sat, April 19 at 10... if other years are a good indicator, rubber boots, sunscreen, a shovel and maybe a model to fly would be good choices. Come on out, enjoy a coffee with other TEMACers while you help clean up ROGO.
Don't forget the Float Fly at FB in the late afternoon!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Ededge2002

Funny thing that the photo above have been viewed 46 times....

Im still working out my weekend schedule but do plan on attending!  That is unless I can manage to fly off to England prior to the weekends arrival cough cough
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

gmcnic

Hmm...
47 times one hour = 47 man-hours/hour.
I think we can build a clubhouse on top of the clean up  8)

See you all there on Saturday, well.... with the exception of 1!
(Oh Simon, you are not going to hear the end of this  ;D )