TEMAC Annual Fun Fly - Schedule?

Started by frajolex, August 18, 2014, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajolex

Hi folks,

So, this is going to be my first Fun Fly, I wonder if the exec. board already have a kind of schedule for the day so I can plan the planes I'll bring... I've seen some topics on Warbirds, etc., but are we defining specific times to fly different types of airplanes (i.e. Warbirds, jets, Giant scale, etc.)?

Also, I would like to know about the logistics, do we need gazebos / chairs, etc. or this is something TEMAC will provide?
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

piker

Hey Andre,

I'm sure Jack or others will provide more detail, but I assume it'll be our usual casual day, just with more planes and more flying.  The Demo's that we've been talking about will probably be fairly spontaneous throughout the day, unless, for a change, Jack is planning a lunch time demo or something (that's what we used to do back in the day).

A lot of people will bring sun shelters to make the day in the sun more comfortable, and many will bring their own chairs, although as you know, there are plenty at the field. 

I assume there will be a lunch time BBQ with drinks available. 

There will probably be a pilots meeting around 10:00am to introduce visitors to the club rules and probably an awards/door prizes break around 3:00pm.  That's how these things usually go.  Sometimes Michael will hold an auction at the same time  :)

piker

O.K., I just re-read the Tickler.  BBQ at Noon with flying at 1:00, but I bet there will be people there early to set-up and start flying.

Make a day of it!  Enjoy the flying, the good turnout of people and planes, and the non stop action!  But DO feel free to jump in and have fun.  That is what it's all about!

Frank v B

Flying starts at 1 pm after lunch!!  Not for me.  I will be there by 9:30 and am bringing 10 planes.  I will have had 10 flights by noon! ;D

If anyone wants to maiden an airplane, I will be happy to help before the official fun starts* at 1 pm.

The planes I am prepping- F-27 twin, 46" Spitfire, E-Flite 25 Mustang, small Pitts, Pogo EF1, E-Flite 25 Beaver, Nooner, Norseman, SledgeHammer EFI motor, Rifle (small).

Jack, please keep the rain away. :D

Frank

* normally there are no maidens allowed at a fun fly.
"Never trade luck for skill"