How many MAAC rules did these guys break?

Started by Frank v B, January 12, 2021, 07:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Let's see how many Temac members know the rules. 
This video was appalling from a safety point of view. 
Please post your additional comments and I will update the list on this first post.

1) flight line less than 100' from the cars.
2) no flying stations (5 max)
3) did not call a take-off (jet, quads)
4) flying behind the flight line
5)
6)

Flying at TEMAC feels sooooo safe after watching this video. 

Frank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpo_-Y_XIgg
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

ppalumbo

Well he did call landing and inquired as to the status of cars on the runway...LOL

Andy Hoffer

Scary part is at 5:46.  Guy in white t-shirt has a scuba diving logo on the back of his shirt.  So I presume he dives.  I can just imagine how much safety comfort this video would provide to his scuba buddy.    8)

Andy

GuyOReilly

But @Andy Hoffer , he is the "dive" safety officer, not the "fly" safety officer. ;D

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on January 13, 2021, 01:34:20 PM
Scary part is at 5:46.  Guy in white t-shirt has a scuba diving logo on the back of his shirt.  So I presume he dives.  I can just imagine how much safety comfort this video would provide to his scuba buddy.    8)
Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on January 13, 2021, 03:48:54 PM
But @Andy Hoffer , he is the "dive" safety officer, not the "fly" safety officer. ;D

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on January 13, 2021, 01:34:20 PM
Andy

Of course @GuyOReilly !  Why didn't I think of that?!! ;D

Andy

Wingnutz

It's frightening how many videos are out there documenting similarly reckless, dangerous RC behaviour, but then many of these videos seem to originate in a country where it's fairly normal to carry a handgun...
Unfortunately, responsible RCers will be blamed along with the reckless when someone finally gets seriously hurt...
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

FYI, these guys have Michigan license plates.  You can get a good look at 6:06-6:07 at the end of the video.  See example below for comparison.

Wingnutz

Quote from: Frank v B on January 12, 2021, 07:27:41 PM
Let's see how many Temac members know the rules. 
This video was appalling from a safety point of view. 
Please post your additional comments and I will update the list on this first post.

1) flight line less than 100' from the cars.
2) no flying stations (5 max)
3) did not call a take-off (jet, quads)
4) flying behind the flight line
5)
6)

Flying at TEMAC feels sooooo safe after watching this video. 

Frank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpo_-Y_XIgg

Without even watching the video, the opening frame showing them flying from what appears to be a public road, documenting a violation of MAAC/AMA rules, probably local by-laws and common sense.
Like Frank, I am grateful for MAAC, AMA, and their member clubs for the safe, courteous and fun environments provided for serious hobbyists.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!