Beaver "club"

Started by fprieto, December 18, 2013, 08:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fprieto

Hey everyone,
I'm glad to say that I'm part of this internal "club".
So many people buying and flying with the floats that I could not resist.
However, just to not be another one in the air with the same colors as the others, I decided to repaint my one. I did not start but my plan is be like this

http://www.modelbuffs.com/mpm/uploads/De-Havilland-DHC-2-Beaver-Bates-Air-BLANK-1.jpg

Is someone else thinking the same?

Fabiano

piker

Hey Fabi!  I assume you mean you are NOW part of the club.  Well, that's a good, as anything that gets people float flying is awesome :-)

That colour scheme looks very nice.  You're right, we should start adding some personal character to our Beavers.  Just watch that the weight doesn't build up too much.

It's going to be a great summer of float flying this coming year!

Gregor77

Wow looks good. My beaver is the unionville and the eflite version. Just wish that I had the floats installed on either. Or makes it much more fun.

fprieto

Oh yes.... I'm part of the "club" now...hehe
And yes again... weight can be an issue bur I'm aware about it.

I think everyone should post what they did to customize their beaver.

piker

I'll have to do something before I can post it :-)  Mine is as stock as can be.

sihinch

I do hope Ed doesn't contribute to this thread!!!!

piker

He's not part of the "club' so he can't talk about the work he's done on his Beaver.

Michael

Michael

eric

My wonderful wife surprised me with a Flyzone Beaver for Christmas so I'm posting it here for amusement value. Here's my mods:

equipment:  - replace DOA rudder servo with Hitec HS-65
                   - replace Tactic receiver with a Spektrum AR610.

tarting up:    - painted motor and added "spark plug" wires (stole this idea off the internet).
                   - added decals found while browsing with wife at Michaels craft store.
                   - put on Canadian registration to make Wingnutz happy (used my initials for fun).
                   - added trim sheet and my usual cheapo Canadian Tire pinstripe tape to floats. This makes the plane visible enough so I don't
                      accidentally fly someone else's plane while mine commits suicide in the lake.

I'm typing this on my wife's computer (my wood burning desktop finally gave up the ghost). It has Windows 8 on it - the worst system ever. I'm hoping the attached pictures can be opened as I can't get them to display when I preview this post.

Eric

piker

Fantastic!  Looks great, Eric.  i must do some work on mine to make it more custom.  Very nice.

fprieto

Hey Everyone,
Almost there... just need to paint the fuselage...
I've just received my decals from Callie.
Let's wait.

fprieto

Hey Guys,

An update... almost there !!!!
Just need to finish the cowl....

battlestu

Great job...she will stand out from the others
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Awesome Fabiano.

Is that the Dynam Beaver or Flyzone one?

Wingnutz

Quote from: eric on January 14, 2014, 11:27:05 PM

- put on Canadian registration to make Wingnutz happy (used my initials for fun).

Eric
Well done Eric! So are you going to fill us in on the C or make us guess?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!