Beaver "club"

Started by fprieto, December 18, 2013, 08:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fprieto

eric

Hi Wingnutz;

Hope you're enjoying the warmth while the rest of us freeze our (insert rude expletive here) off. I'll go for aviating off the snow if it ever gets above a bazillion below zero with the wind chill. I do have skis I fashioned for a few planes (see attached), but the older I get, the wimpier I become when the temps drop.

Eric

eric

Oh yeah, the "C" stands for Charles. I was named after my uncle who was killed in WW II. My first name is a little unusual for an English kid, but my mother was a huge fan of an early film star with the first name of Erica, so Erica i was going to be. She already had 2 boys and was sure I was going to be a girl. When I came out with the wrong plumbing, she gave up, chopped the "a" off the end, and I became Eric. What can you do?

Eric

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: eric on January 26, 2014, 12:17:08 AM
Hi Wingnutz;

Hope you're enjoying the warmth while the rest of us freeze our (insert rude expletive here) off. I'll go for aviating off the snow if it ever gets above a bazillion below zero with the wind chill. I do have skis I fashioned for a few planes (see attached), but the older I get, the wimpier I become when the temps drop.

Eric

Love your ski construction.  Very elegant solution.

Andy

fprieto

Ok everyone....
Here is the final result !!!!
I'm really happy !!!!

Ededge2002

With its high praise from all the other flyers on land and water I must say that the plane is a great looking one too!  The two modified schemes are even nicer!  Way to go guys!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Wingnutz

Quote from: fprieto on January 26, 2014, 09:19:20 PM
Ok everyone....
Here is the final result !!!!
I'm really happy !!!!
Looks great Fabiano!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Lookin' good, Fabiano!  Can't wait for float flying season... REAL float flying season, Andy   ;D

frajolex

As Fabiano, I also have my C-FDTZ ready to roll!!  8)

You can compare the original and my baby...

As soon as the activities start, I will join TEMAC :)

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

Papa

Why wait? Join now and see us at our next Pilot's Meeting. Second Wednesday of the month at the 2 Monkeys Eatery, Warden just south of the 401. food starts at 6:00pm and meetings at 7:30pm. Lot's of fun.

Jack Higgins
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

Very nice, Andre!  That looks great!

Did you, or Fabiano determine how much weight was added with the repaint?  The concept is very attractive as we know how well the plane works, and all three of the repaints that we've seen here look fantastic!

frajolex

Quote from: Papa on January 27, 2014, 04:17:17 PM
Why wait? Join now and see us at our next Pilot's Meeting. Second Wednesday of the month at the 2 Monkeys Eatery, Warden just south of the 401. food starts at 6:00pm and meetings at 7:30pm. Lot's of fun.

Jack Higgins

I will try to swing by Wednesday to meet you folks, I've been flying for a while near my home in Ajax, a few planes like the Beaver, Super Cub, Extra 300, Cessna 182, etc.. is there an exam in order to fly on TEMAC's field?
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

sihinch

To fly alone at TEMAC you must have MAAC wings.

If you need flight training you can fly solo if an instructor is present, once the CFI (Chief Flying Instructor) has awarded you "solo privileges."

Last year we also introduced "Park Wings" for lighter, slower models, but again, in order to qualify for them and fly alone you need to be assessed by the CFI.

Hope this helps.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: frajolex on January 28, 2014, 12:05:35 AM
Quote from: Papa on January 27, 2014, 04:17:17 PM

Jack Higgins

I will try to swing by Wednesday to meet you folks, I've been flying for a while near my home in Ajax, a few planes like the Beaver, Super Cub, Extra 300, Cessna 182, etc.. is there an exam in order to fly on TEMAC's field?

Hi Andre:

Welcome to the TEMAC Forum.

Further to Simon's last post regarding flying at TEMAC, there is a good description of our flight training program on our web site (http://temac.ca/?page_id=250). 

Also, as indicated on our intro page (http://temac.ca/?page_id=152), all members, in order to fly at TEMAC, need to have a membership in the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (www.maac.ca), which provides liability insurance and other benefits.  If you already have your MAAC Wings from another RC club we would still require you to do a check flight with our CFI (Chief Flying Instructor) to confirm your flying proficiency and understanding of TEMAC field and safety rules.  Once he signs off you are good to go.

Looking forward to meeting you at the next Pilots Meeting (Wednesday, Feb 12) at the 3 Monkeys Eatery, 1585 Warden Ave, east side, just south of the 401 (phone:(416) 609-1511).  As Jack noted  food starts at 6:00pm and meeting at 7:30pm.  I know Jack referred to the 2 Monkeys Eatery, but that's because one of the monkeys really loves winter flying at TEMAC and might still be at the field that night!!  Jack might also be trying to see if I am paying attention!!  ;D

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer and Membership Director, TEMAC

(variously known as "Arctic Andy", "Igloo Andrew", "Abominable Andy" or "Frostbite Freddy" - see http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,4354.msg26561.html#msg26561 and following posts!!)

Tom M.

A friend of mine has just aquired a used E-Flite Beaver and though he's been flying for decades is new to electric flight and has asked me for help. Could anyone with one advise as to what servos, motor, prop, ESC and batteries would suit ? (From Hobby King, please, I don't think he wants to pay for the items E-Flite recommends.)
  Tom