FPV 250 Quads

Started by sihinch, January 18, 2015, 09:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

Hi Jack...it had some bullet connectors on it but i removed them so i could get the board to fit in the pocket of the frame.... i know it's not my best work but i'm going for durability :)

Hi Simon...can't wait to see the pictures!!

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Papa

I wasn't being critical. It just didn't look like mechanical soldering and I wondered if it was sold with the buyer having to do some soldering?

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

battlestu

no worries ... if your only going to connect ESC to it you can get away with no soldering but if you want lights, voltage monitoring, fpv, ect you'll to break out the iron.

But there is tons of bare PCB to work with:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27036__Hobby_King_Quadcopter_Power_Distribution_Board_Lite_.html

sihinch

Here are my bits. Just need to work out what to do with them! I got the frame with the "low hung" accessory frame with vibration damping. So it'll be a little different than Greg's.

battlestu

well... test hover is complete and it's still in one piece :)

I still have some drift i need to tune out but i got some time before spring gets here.

Greg

Ededge2002

What is this "Drift" your talking about?

Mine wont qualify for the 250 class but I too am building something that has multiple motors!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

Just needs a bit of trim.... I'd take it outside and fix it but Ill wait for better weather

Very cool Ed .... And feel free to add some more build photos

Greg

Oscar

ImmersionRC is releasing the 250 Quad in RTF.  This comes with the vtx built-in.  All you need is the FatShark goggles.  Interesting to see is the special design EZUHF r/x for the QuadCopter.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bX4aOfs1co

battlestu

very neat idea with the motors (just use your finger to set the rotation CW or CCW)

sihinch

That IS awesome.  Speaking of motor direction - which way are they meant to spin, on the 4 corners of the quad?

battlestu

i used the default setting on the KK2.1 controller

fearless

battlestu

Very cool...be sure to post any build pictures when you can

Greg

fearless

Will do Greg.  I was wondering if you used connectors for the esc to motor or did you just solder the 2 wires together?

battlestu

No connectors for the power into the ESC (soldered the wires to the power board) but I did use the bullet connectors for the three phase outputs to the motors

Greg