Jack Higgins Model Airplane Estate Auction

Started by Michael, January 20, 2016, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Jack Higgins Model Airplane Estate Auction

An auction of Jack Higgin's model airplanes and related items will take Place on Sunday March 13, 2016, exclusive to TEMAC members.

You must be paid up for 2016. Membership fees will be accepted before the auction.

As per the request of Mary Higgins, this project is at the discretion and direction of Michael Rogozinsky. Michael will be the auctioneer.

Andy ( to be confirmed) will record the auction results and take payment. Other members can help.

Auction takes place at EMPIRE AUCTIONS 165 Tycos Drive, Toronto, ON. (Near Lawrence and Dufferin).

100% of proceeds go to TEMAC.

This event is not open to the public. There are no sales taxes.

Sunday March 13, 2016:
10 am to noon: Items on display for examination.
Noon: Pizza and drinks provided free to members.
12:30PM: Auction. Should take less than 1 hour. Clean up should take less than 1 hour.

Rules:
No lots given out during the auction.
All lots sold AS IS. No guarantee; no warrantee. 
Live auction only (no online nor absentee bids).
Actual in-person bidders must pay for all lots successfully bid on.
All lots must be paid for immediately after the auction.
Cash only.
Buyers must remove purchases after the auction. No storage will be provided.
Michael

Michael

The collection includes: sport planes, scale planes, float planes, EDF planes, twins, trainers, micro indoor planes, motors, electronics, radios, batteries, and a lot more.
Michael

Gregor77

Can you post some pictures?    ::)

Jack was great at building and I know that there might be some good tools.. even stuff I didn't know existed. 

piker

Quote from: Michael on January 20, 2016, 09:24:34 AM
... Michael will take photos and post the lot numbers, descriptions and photos on the TEMAC website....

Greg,

I think the answer is yes...

Bigstik

Are 'well intentioned but distant associate members' allowed?
Bigstik

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

re: Jack's stuff

Temac members should be aware that Jack came to RC model hobby late in life (10 years ago*) so all his stuff is modern (Brushless motors, Lipo batteries, 2.4 gig).  There is very little out of date stuff that some of us old guys have (brushed motors, 8 track radios, Nicad batteries, etc.).  If you are looking for stuff to buy and fly, this auction will be great for you.

Thank you Jack and Mary,

Frank

* when Jack came to the first meeting of the electric guys he went home and decided this was the hobby for him.  He sold all his model train stuff and went full speed into RC planes and....Temac.
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Hey folks - just finished organizing the lots for the auction next weekend. Don't forget about it - I will send out a Tickler reminder tonight.

There are some great deals. We have 47 lots!

Viewing starts from 10am. TEMAC members only - you must be paid up! (You can pay Andy on the day.) All items must be collected on the day and must be paid for.

Hope to see you all there.

Frank v B

I am lining up some small jobs to top up my cash reserves for this auction.  I want the spinner on that blue pylon racer! ;D

Frank

ps: I have never seen Jack with that pylon plane and the RCM&E plane behind it.  There should be some real surprises at this auction.  Come out, bring money, bring insults and someone prove to me that Andy's TEMAC dues are paid up. ;D.  He has been assigned to be his own policeman.  Conflict of interest. ;)
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Come on Frank - do you think we'd put up with Andy if he didn't pay us?

Michael

Lot 1.
2 Orange (Dsm2-x compatible) receivers, and 3 satelites. Starting bid: $5.
Michael

Michael

Lot 2.
Norseman, scratch-built, Rx battery pack and UBEC, HV servos, brushless motor. Starting bid: $5.
Michael

Michael

Lot 3.
2 partially built models, 2 Hitec HS225BB servos. Starting bid: $10.
Michael

Michael

Lot 4.
Sport plane-racer: (Goldberg Shoestring) brushless motor, HK60a SBEC ESC, servos. Starting bid: $5.
Michael

Michael

Lot 5.
Tony-Nijhuis design Westland Lysander partially built fuselage. Starting bid: $2.
Michael