Jack Higgins Model Airplane Estate Auction

Started by Michael, January 20, 2016, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Come join Graham, Michael and I at the Tim Hortons before the 10:00 opening.  Tim's is on Caledonia road just south of Empire Auctions in the Home Depot parking lot.  Michael does't need to start his baby-sitting duties until 9:55 am.  It gives him 5 minutes to turn off the alarm, feed the guard dog, turn on the lights and open the front door at exactly 10:00.
I will probably get to Tim's at about 9:15 to carefully top up and balance my caffeine levels prior to the auction.

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour tonight before you hit the hay.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

What a great event.  What a laugh.  Jack would have been proud.   :D

Thanks to Michael for his expert auctioneering skills and everyone who participated, helped, collected, loaded, bought, joked and laughed.  I am sure Michael and Simon will post the results but in my opinion everything went for fair prices.  Many people like Gerald, Rob D. and Oscar could finish projects they had on the go with motors, esc's and servos.  Some others like me could start a few more projects with stuff bought there.

Thank you Jack for giving us one more opportunity to laugh at ourselves and among ourselves. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Thanks to Frank and André, Graham and Greg, and Simon, and all the bidding TEMAC members who made this event a huge success!

It's our members who put the 'team' into TEMAC!

;D
Michael

Oscar

What a great event!!

Lot 48
E-Flite P51B Mustang, Spectrum Rx, E-Flite motor, digital metal gear servos, Castle ESC, retracts. Starting bid: $20
https://youtu.be/JfHziHdxbu0

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

A fine portfolio of Greg Hazelton's photos from the auction can be found in the TEMAC photo gallery (http://temac.ca/?p=10564).

Thanks so much Greg! 

Greg C's daughter is obviously enjoying her RC plane acquisition training.  He will have to build a new hangar for her really soon!!   ;D

Andy

Gregor77

great work everyone at the auction. Special thanks to the executive for arranging this and Michael for letting us use his place of business for the auction. Now that the dust has settled. I started restoring the d7 Fokker. Lol. The roughest from my wins. But I am a "Fokker" nut. After pulling the covering off I found some strange workmanship (not from Jack as I suspect this plane was picked up somewhere) like alerions on the lower wing and upper wing attachments that are not scale.  So it was expected I would correct all this. I wonder if there was a wire landing gear in the stuff and a pair of vintage type wheels?  Maybe the winner would sell the items or trade for something they need. Also if anyone has a 25e size motor. Thanks. Great time. Next time I need a stroller also.

Gregor77

Just some tear down images. Enjoy.