DH 98 Mosquito Simulator

Started by RogMason, March 04, 2021, 10:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogMason

Gentlemen,
Calling all Mosquito fans...

Here's a comprehensive (slow at times) - first look (circa 2016 release) at the DH 98 Mosquito Simulator from 'Just Flight' simulations.  This interesting and fairly thorough video was put together by an FSX user, who ironically, lives in Hamilton, ON.  His 'walk through' and test flight starts and ends at the old DH plant at Downsview (now a flipping sports complex - another story) and encompasses a 'buzz' of CWHM at Hamilton.

Even if you don't have Microsoft flight simulator (FSX), it is interesting from a technical standpoint, as this user is pretty thorough in his investigation of the realism of the software and makes for an interesting 47 minutes.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBxRHzaiEg

'Roger That...'

octagon

Brilliant Rob. Loved it.Do you have a Mossie in your FS?
What could possibly go wrong?

RogMason

Not yet Rob but this demo certainly pushed some buttons though!  (pun intended) :-)

The cockpit graphics and working components seem very true to life, although I find the outside views too crisp/clean and the flight movement too fast.  IMO, I feel it needs some visual atmospheric interference from the outside and some dampening of movement during manuevers?  The interior however, is delightfully dog-eared and battered.

The $30 price tag, is remarkable considering the complexity and realism?  I think it will be worth it - if for nothing else - than to provide some entertaining hours inside the cockpit whilst in Covid prison.
'Roger That...'