2015 Flight Instruction

Started by sihinch, April 29, 2015, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Well everyone, your 2015 Flight Instructors met tonight to get ready for the training season.

Check your aircraft, prepare your lipos, charge your radio batteries and get ready to learn!  It all starts again next week.

Thanks again Instructors, for giving up your Wednesdays!

Here we go!  :)

Oscar

... And bring mosquito repellents.

thehaze

Ok student pilots, it's almost time to fly!!

The forecast for tomorrow's training looks good. So charge your batteries, and transmitters, check your models, and get ready to fly!

Instruction starts at 6:00pm and will continue until it's too dark to fly.

P.S. Don't forget you need a valid MAAC membership and you've paid your annual temac dues.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

thehaze

What a great start to the 2015 Instruction season!!!

Perfect weather, lots of laughs, and some great flying. Thank you to all the instructors that showed up and helped out.

Congrats go out to Gil on buying... ummm... earning his wings tonight! First of many this season I'm sure by what I saw tonight.

See you next week!
Mike

sihinch

It was certainly a blast!

Congrats Gil.

Michael

That was the busiest but most organized and efficient training night I've seen since 2004!

It was a lot of fun!

Michael

Frank v B

What a great evening.  We counted 26 cars in the parking lot at one point.  On top of that, we have already had more nice flying days than last summer.  Last weekend was beautiful, Wednesday was great and if this Saturday is good for the Skywriter maiden then I will be a happy man.  Keep up the good work on the weather front, Jack.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

another great student night!! Good job to all the students that came out and enjoyed a great night of flying!!

can't wait for next week  ;D
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

Training is scheduled for tomorrow. It's still a go but he wind forecast right now does not look great. Check back tomorrow afternoon before heading to the field.

Papa

I can't make it, Claire has her first game of Rep Softball. Must show family support.

Greg can you run off some application forms and throw them in your work box and take any cash if necessary.

Thank you, Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

OK so winds are forecast to come out of the North at 15km/h gusting to 25. It's not great but it is manageable. We will be there tonight, it's entirely up to the student's level of comfort as to whether or not they wish to fly. Just remember:
"It's always better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than in the air wishing you were on the ground."

Mike

thehaze

conditions for training tonight (May 20) look good. But it's going to be cold!!!!

Check your models and your equipment and I'll see you at the field. As always, instruction begins at 6:00pm

Mike

thehaze

Those of us that braved the cold were treated to another fun night of flying. I lost count of the number of Apprentice's that were there, but at one time I counted 4 in the air at one time.

Once again a big thanks to the instructors for volunteering their time.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

A reminder that there is no instruction on days other than Wednesday, so unless you have made a prior arrangement with one of the instructors please don't show up at the field expecting to fly. Although you are always welcome to stop by and watch and hopefully learn from the other members of the club.

Mike

thehaze

It's Wednesday! That's the good news.

The bad news is that there is a severe thunderstorm warning posting for this evening. The winds are also quite gusty. At this point, I'm not prepared to call off training completely, however there is a chance that the conditions may not be suitable for flying tonight. As always, check the conditions before you leave.

Mike